Quantcast

vufind 3.1 indexing error

Zhang, Fan

Hi Demian,

I am working on upgrading our vufind from 2.3 to 3.1. I downloaded vufind-3.1.tar.gz and tried to digest a couple of marc files. First I got an error showing that there is no lib-solrj in the release tar. I went to solrmarc site and downloaded the master branch zip file, and copied the lib-solrj drectory to vufind/import, now I am getting following error:

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:119) - Error processing index configurations: marc.properties, marc_local.properties

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:333) - collection =  9975

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:335) - collection : Error: Illegal character <5>  found in scanner state subfield

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:333) - institution =  9974

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:335) - institution : Error: Illegal character <4>  found in scanner state subfield

Please help, thanks!

Fan Zhang

Application Developer

PALS, Minnesota State University, Mankato

Mankato, MN 56001

507-389-1975

Re: vufind 3.1 indexing error

Demian Katz

The SolrMarc indexer found in release 3.1 had some bugs. We released an improved version in 3.1.1, and even more fixes will be incorporated in 3.1.2 (due early next year). If you want the latest SolrMarc, you can get it here:

https://github.com/solrmarc/solrmarc/releases

You should be able to unpack the SolrMarc release into VuFind’s import folder, and rename the solrmarc-core-x.x.x.jar to solrmarc-core.jar to upgrade manually.

If you’re still having trouble, please let me know… and I apologize for the inconvenience! SolrMarc 3.x is going to be a big improvement over 2.x both in features and performance, but these types of big transitions usually have some bumps along the way.

- Demian

Re: vufind 3.1 indexing error

Zhang, Fan

That solved the problem, thank you very much for your quick help, Damian!