user stats and upgrading from VuFind 2.3

user stats and upgrading from VuFind 2.3

Bradley Busenius

After upgrading our codebase from VuFind 2.3.1 to VuFind 3.1.1 we are preparing to upgrade our production machines. Our problem is that the upgrade script /vufind/Upgrade/Home does not work. We sidestepped this in development by running the install script and working on development machines. Now that we have to upgrade production, this will not work. We need to make the upgrade process function.

The error that we're getting is: "get was unable to fetch or create an instance for userstatsfields". We've looked at all the related code but can't figure out why this is happening. We see that the Statistics Module was removed in 3b78461. In our database, the user_stats and user_stats_fields tables are empty. We tried manually dropping  them from a copy of the database, just to see what would happen. It didn't change the result.

Does anyone know what we might need to do?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

-Brad

Re: user stats and upgrading from VuFind 2.3

Demian Katz

Just to be clear, which code are you running? The stats code will be removed in 4.0 but is still present in 3.1.1. Is it possible you are working from a post-3.1.1 master checkout where the version number hasn't been incremented yet? I will be happy to look into this further on Monday but first want to be sure we are both looking at the same thing.

Thanks,
Demian

Get Outlook for Android

Re: user stats and upgrading from VuFind 2.3

Bradley Busenius

Hi Demian,

Yes, I think you are correct. We seem to have merged at 862184b54e4fd427de1c1142d4340a8da2f6c623. What do you recommend?

Brad

On 4/21/17 7:58 PM, Demian Katz wrote:

Just to be clear, which code are you running? The stats code will be removed in 4.0 but is still present in 3.1.1. Is it possible you are working from a post-3.1.1 master checkout where the version number hasn't been incremented yet? I will be happy to look into this further on Monday but first want to be sure we are both looking at the same thing.

Thanks,
Demian

Get Outlook for Android

Re: user stats and upgrading from VuFind 2.3

Demian Katz

Brad,

You probably merged in a fairly small window of time between the stats code being removed and the resulting bug in the upgrade script being found and corrected. This commit should fix everything:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/commit/23b33ed80f83ba5c70d6560f0b5a141e015e8214

You might just want to merge up to that point, if it’s not too burdensome (or you could merge to an even newer point in time to get more bug fixes… but that’s probably more work!)