url description

Hugo Agud-2
Good morning

I have one record with many, many urls inside and we wish to use 856$z instead of displaying the 856$u link into vufind.

I think this is not a function of Vufind right? or I am wrong?

If it is not out of th box, and we wish to do some work on it, How it should be managed to show a url with their own description?
thanks!

--

Hugo Agud - Orex Digital

www.orex.es

   www.orex.es/koha    www.orex.es/vufind

Director

Calle Sant Joaquin,117, 2º-3ª · 08922 Santa Coloma de Gramanet - Tel: 933 856 138   [hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

No imprima este mensaje a no ser que sea necesario. Una tonelada de papel implica la tala de 15 árboles y el consumo de 250.000 litros de agua.

Aviso de confidencialidad
Este mensaje contiene información que puede ser CONFIDENCIAL y/o de USO RESTRINGIDO. Si usted no es el receptor deseado del mensaje (ni
está autorizado a recibirlo por el remitente), no está autorizado a copiar, reenviar o divulgar el mensaje o su contenido. Si ha recibido este mensaje
por error, por favor, notifíquenoslo inmediatamente y bórrelo de su sistema.

Re: url description

Demian Katz

The URL extraction logic can be found here:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/module/VuFind/src/VuFind/RecordDriver/SolrMarc.php#L630

VuFind should already be using 856$z for description display (unless it matches 856$y first).

If that doesn’t help, please let me know where (which page) you are seeing unwanted behavior and how you are indexing your records; hopefully we can get it sorted out fairly easily!

- Demian

Re: url description

Hugo Agud-2
Hi

Thanks, you're right.. but in the vufind 3.1 record.. I only see the url not 856$z

example: http://arxiugeneral.orex.es/biblioteca/Record/52460#holdings

marc.properties is only indexing 856u that I think it is ok...

This is the marc21:
856 ## -
  856$u http://media.diba.cat/diba/fitxers/arxiu/Minerva-Coneixements/V2-Resum-de-geografia-d-Europa.pdf
  856$z V2-Resum-de-geografia-d-Europa.pdf

thank for your help!
Kindes Regards
Hugo

Calle Sant Joaquin,117, 2º-3ª · 08922 Santa Coloma de Gramanet - Tel: <a href="tel:933%2085%2061%2038" value="+34933856138" target="_blank">933 856 138   [hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

[...]

When I look at the staff view for that object, I’m seeing Solr fields rather than a MARC record. Is that a customization you made to hide the raw MARC, or does it indicate that this is not being indexed as a MARC record? Is it possible that your indexing rules aren’t setting the “recordtype” field to a value of “marc”? If so, that could be preventing VuFind from loading the MARC-specific record driver, which would explain the behavior you are seeing.

thanks,

Demian

Calle Sant Joaquin,117, 2º-3ª · 08922 Santa Coloma de Gramanet - Tel: <a href="tel:933%2085%2061%2038" target="_blank">933 856 138   [hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

[...]

oh! you're right!!!!! as always!!! it was commented out in marc.properties rules.

I will try fix it now!!!

thousands of thanks!