unused index fields?

Naomi Dushay
Hi Andrew,

In order to direct the field algorithm discussions with our
librarians, I've been digging into which fields are in the index and
how they're used.

Is it correct that these fields are not / no longer used :

auth_title  - defined in schema.xml, but not populated or used
auth_titleStr - defined in schema.xml, but not populated or used
auth_author2Str - defined in schema.xml, and probably meant to be
populated as a copyfield ... but not used

auth_author - populated in importer, but not used
auth_authorStr - populated as copyfield, but not used
auth_author2 - populated in importer, but not used

author2_role - populated in importer, but not used

I couldn't find any code that referenced them.

Re: unused index fields?

Andrew Nagy-2
I wouldn't say "no longer used" and say "not YET used" :)

The auth_* field are for authority control.  Once we implement that, the authorized form would go into the auth_* fields.

Same with the author2_role fields ... they are not yet used, but I want to soon.