sorted_by_index without effect

Martin Fuchs

Hi

we want to try the the collection and the building in alphabetical order, but our sorted_by_index[] – entries in the facets.ini have no effects. The order is still number of hits. Our [Result_Settings]-section is below. The showMore['collection'] = 10 has an effect. Now we are working with VuFind 3.1.3, we had the same problem in VuFind 2.5.1.

[Results_Settings]

facet_limit      = 60     ; how many values should we show for each facet?

showMore[*] = 6

showMore['collection'] = 10

; Specify which facet fields are multi-select (filters are OR'ed instead of AND'ed)

multiselect_facets = institution,building,format,author-facet,collection,publisher,genre_facet,topic_facet,mekz,mekz_org,language,persf

; Rows and columns for table used by top facets

top_rows = 2

top_cols = 3

sorted_by_index[] = collection;

sorted_by_index[] = building;

Martin

Re: sorted_by_index without effect

I just tested this feature on my current master checkout, and it worked for me when I tried to sort the format facet. Are you seeing a problem with all facets, or just collection and building?

Just trying to narrow down the problem a bit – if necessary, I can try to spin up a 3.1.3 instance to try to reproduce the problem more specifically, but I can’t think of a reason why this functionality would have changed recently.

- Demian