session cookie name

Ulf Seltmann
Hi all,

due to my task of creating a sso-extension for typo3 i have some
problems with overlapping php session cookies. appearently typo3 or any
extension is using php sessions with the default cookie-name
'PHPSESSID' as well, so i have to explicitly rename the session-cookie
to distinguish its coming from  vufind. is there a convenient way to
set the session-cookie name via config.ini or do have to customize my
php.ini?

Thanks in advance
Ulf
--
Ulf Seltmann
Webmaster

fon: +49 (0)341 97 30 62 4
mail: [hidden email]

Re: session cookie name

Demian Katz
Ulf,

Here is the code that sets up VuFind's session manager:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/module/VuFind/src/VuFind/Session/ManagerFactory.php#L52

As you can see, there is not currently support for customizing the cookie name.

I believe if you add 'name' to the configuration array, you can override PHPSESSID. It would be fairly easy to add a config.ini setting to support this. If you would find this useful, please feel free to submit a pull request making the change.

For reference, here is the Zend Framework configuration code that is being called, in case you need to troubleshoot:

https://github.com/zendframework/zend-session/blob/db77b8b4643066c39922c77271e68539c2270df1/src/Config/StandardConfig.php

Please let me know if you have questions or problems or if I can be of any further assistance.