problem while indexing authority records

problem while indexing authority records

Wang, Yongming
Dear all,

Last week I started to index all our authority records. The first time is OK. Both "import-marc-auth.sh" and "index-alphabetic-browse.sh" commands ran without any errors.   Then I edited my my "marc_auth_local.properties" file to add the 663 field. So I have to re-index all. I deleted the authority index and ran the import command. But this time I got the following error:

INFO [main] (MarcImporter.java:615) -  Adding 692461 of 692461 documents to index
 INFO [main] (MarcImporter.java:616) -  Deleting 0 documents from index
 INFO [main] (MarcImporter.java:490) - Calling commit (with optimize set to false)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at com.simontuffs.onejar.Boot.run(Boot.java:334)
        at com.simontuffs.onejar.Boot.main(Boot.java:170)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Server Error

Server Error

        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:434)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:248)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:105)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.commit(SolrServer.java:178)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.commit(SolrServer.java:154)
        at org.solrmarc.solr.SolrServerProxy.commit(SolrServerProxy.java:119)
        at org.solrmarc.marc.MarcImporter.finish(MarcImporter.java:491)
        at org.solrmarc.marc.MarcImporter.handleAll(MarcImporter.java:618)
        at org.solrmarc.marc.MarcImporter.main(MarcImporter.java:865)
        ... 6 more
 INFO [Thread-1] (MarcImporter.java:565) - Starting Shutdown hook
 INFO [Thread-1] (MarcImporter.java:569) - Stopping main loop

The above error happens no matter the VuFind is running or not while doing indexing.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

I use port 18080 for solr instead of the default 8080. So I changed the default solr port of 8080 to 18080 in vufind2/local/import/import_auth.properties like this:

#optional URL of running solr search engine to cause updates to be recognized.

solr.hosturl = http://localhost:18080/solr/authority/update

I'm not sure if that is the reason to cause the error. But the first time it worked.

Thanks so much in advance!

Yongming

--
Yongming Wang
Systems Librarian/Associate Professor

Re: problem while indexing authority records

Wang, Yongming
Never mind. I reboot the server and now it works fine!

Yongming

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Wang, Yongming <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

tel: <a href="tel:(609)%20771-3337" value="+16097713337" target="_blank">609-771-3337

Yongming Wang
Systems Librarian/Associate Professor
The College of New Jersey
tel: 609-771-3337

Re: problem while indexing authority records

Demian Katz

Great, glad to hear it! Perhaps the Solr server stopped for some reason, or one of the environment variables was not set correctly.

- Demian

[...]

tel: <a href="tel:(609)%20771-3337" target="_blank">609-771-3337