massaging field definitions?

Naomi Dushay
As far as I can tell, the following fields are the same:

author2
author2Str  <-- perhaps meant to be a "string" instead of "text"

I'm also going to experiment:  I want to try to shrink the index by
not storing fields with values that are never displayed.  My hope is
to shrink the index without adversely affecting VuFind
functionality.    If I get happy results, I'll share with the list.

I'm going to populate our new index using the solrmarc code ... so
hopefully my experience will help the integration of that approach
into VuFind.

Re: massaging field definitions?

Andrew Nagy-2
author2 is a text field in solr and author2Str is a string field.  The text field is used for searching, the latter for display and faceting.

Good luck! :)

typos in schema.xml

Naomi Dushay
Andrew -

Thanks for clarifying the purpose of the auth_ fields.  I think I found two typos in schema.xml:

author2Str needs to be changed to type=string:

   <field name="author2" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
   <field name="author2Str" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>

should be

   <field name="author2" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
   <field name="author2Str" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>

Another one:

 <copyField source="auth_author2" dest="author2Str"/>

should be

 <copyField source="auth_author2" dest="auth_author2Str"/>