Quantcast

marc import error

Andrea Marchitelli-2
Hello,
I am trying to import sample MARC21 data in vufind

When I launch the importer I get this error "The provided old-style SolrMarc config.properties file doesn't define the value "solr.indexer.properties"

my marc_local.properties only set up institution and collection names

Wich could be the matter?
I am using vufind 3.1.1 and these mrc data

Thanks,
andrea

andrea@debian02:/usr/local/vufind$ ./import-marc.sh -p marc_local.properties local/mrc-data/umich_created_20151120.marc
Now Importing local/mrc-data/umich_created_20151120.marc ...
gen 06, 12:48:03 /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -DentityExpansionLimit=0 -Duser.timezone=UTC  -jar /usr/local/vufind/import/solrmarc_core.jar marc_local.properties -solrj /usr/local/vufind/solr/vendor/dist/solrj-lib /usr/local/vufind/local/mrc-data/umich_created_20151120.marc
0 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - Using config marc_local.properties to initialize SolrMarc
7 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.tools.PropertyUtils  - Opening file: /usr/local/vufind/import/marc_local.properties
8 [main] ERROR org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - The provided old-style SolrMarc config.properties file doesn't define the value "solr.indexer.properties"

--
Andrea Marchitelli
[hidden email] - Roma

Re: marc import error

Demian Katz

I think this message is referring not to the marc/marc_local.properties (the mapping rules) but rather to import.properties (the general SolrMarc configuration). Do you have a custom import.properties in your local/import directory? It might be worth re-running the install.php script in $VUFIND_HOME to generate a fresh one (obviously making a backup of the old version first for comparison purposes).

- Demian

Re: marc import error

Andrea Marchitelli-2
Hi Demian,
thank you for feedback.

I ran the install.php script and then I tried to reimport, but I've got the same error.
The error desappears if I launh the import script without -p parameter. So I can import marc data (but I have to put my customisations in import/marc.propoperties and not in local/import

Andrea

--
Andrea Marchitelli
[hidden email] - Roma

I think this message is referring not to the marc/marc_local.properties (the mapping rules) but rather to import.properties (the general SolrMarc configuration). Do you have a custom import.properties in your local/import directory? It might be worth re-running the install.php script in $VUFIND_HOME to generate a fresh one (obviously making a backup of the old version first for comparison purposes).

- Demian

Re: marc import error

Demian Katz

What file are you specifying to the -p parameter? If you are sending this a marc.properties-style file, that will not work -- this parameter is expecting an import.properties-style file. The marc.properties-style configuration is actually specified within import.properties -- see this line:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/import/import.properties#L8

The new SolrMarc allows more things to be specified on the command line, so it may be possible to override the properties more directly now, but in the past, you had to create a custom import.properties pointing at a custom marc.properties, and then specify that first file to the -p switch.

Does that help? If you could tell us more about what you are trying to accomplish with the -p switch, that might also help us to provide more targeted assistance.

- Demian