langCode field

Naomi Dushay
Can anyone tell me how the langcode field in the index is used?  *is*
it used?  I searched the code and didn't see it anywhere ...

Thanks!

Re: langCode field

Andrew Nagy-2
Naomi - the langcode field is a legacy field.  We have not removed it yet for any possible future usage.  It will most likely be removed.

The langcode field gets populated with the 3 letter language code from the marc record.  The language field is then the translated version of the 3 letter code.