Quantcast

label search / fie;d-level search

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
BASE ( a VuFind implementation) can be searched by the label like I can search ddc:020 to retrieve all records having class no 020 and its subdivisions from BASE.

The same is not working with my VuFind 3.1. But it is supporting browsing by class no and I found it is using All Fields: as the label in Advanced search interface. I tried even that but got no success.

Any clue?

Thanks and regards

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

Re: label search / fie;d-level search

Demian Katz

“ddc” is not a standard VuFind field, so this probably means that BASE has set up some custom indexing rules. You can look at the Solr schema to see what fields are defined in a standard VuFind instance. For example, here are the Dewey fields:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/solr/vufind/biblio/conf/schema.xml#L159

You should be able to search “dewey-tens:020” to get all of the 02x Dewey numbers, and “dewey-ones:020” to get all records matching EXACTLY the 020 class.

- Demian