junit tests for solrmarc

Naomi Dushay
Gents,

For the record, I have started test driven development for the
Stanford mods to the solrmarc import.  I'm using junit4 ... but I
thought you'd might like to know that I've got working tests, a
TestUtility class and I'm happy to contribute them.

I haven't set up an ant task yet, so some directories and the like are
currently hardcoded, but that currently amounts to 4 strings ... and
the particular tests, which are stanford skewed.  (Probably all my
tests will be stanford skewed, but it still could be useful
springboard code for other sites??)

Let me know if there's a way I can help with the integration - I am
getting close to regenning our index using the solrmarc code.  :-)

Re: junit tests for solrmarc

Andrew Nagy-2
Naomi - I just made a bunch of updates to the SolrMarc code - including your patches.  I checked in the code to the VuFind SVN and Wayne said he would double check a few things tomorrow.  I am missing some paths, etc.

One of the major changes that I made is to the syntax of the vufind.properties file.  You will now have the ability to do the following:

somefield = 999abc:999de:999f

This will create 3 instances of somefield, the 1st instance will have the 999a, 999b, 999c field concatenated with a space.  The second will have the 999d and 999e concatenated. The last will be just the 999f field.

We will definitely need some testing once we have it ready and are more than happy to include your unit tests.  I hope, barring we get the path issues solved, that I can do a test run next week myself as well.