getLinkedField in new SolrMarc 3.0.6

Josu Moreno-2

Hello,

We are upgrading our VuFind from 2.3.1 to VuFind 3.1.2 and we have faced a problem. In the old marc_local.properties we had this line:

linked_title = custom, getLinkedField(245abp)

to display the content of tag 880. (Alternate graphic representation)

Now, in the new version of SolrMarc, it seems that that function does not exist:

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:177) - Error processing index configurations: marc.properties, marc_local.properties

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:413) - linked_title =  custom, getLinkedField(245abp)

ERROR [main] (IndexDriver.java:415) - linked_title : Unknown extractor method: null.getLinkedField[interface org.marc4j.marc.Record, class java.lang.String]. Known methods are: …

Do you know if there is any possibility to display this alternate information using a SolrMarc function for this new distribution?

Re: getLinkedField in new SolrMarc 3.0.6

Demian Katz

I’m copying this message to the SolrMarc mailing list; I suspect this may be an oversight in the mapping of custom methods from SolrMarc 2 to SolrMarc 3. I’m hoping that Bob can give us a quick answer to either use a newer syntax to achieve the same thing, or restore the missing functionality to the next version. If Bob isn’t able to get back to you in the near future, please remind me about this and I will do some further research on my own – I just suspect that, if Bob is free, he can answer this a lot faster than I can. J

- Demian

Re: [solrmarc-tech] RE: getLinkedField in new SolrMarc 3.0.6

Robert Haschart

Josu,

I noticed that method was missing at Code4Lib when I was looking at Stanford's indexing spec, (plus a couple of others they rely on)
Partly that one is missing because it  is not really needed anymore.      You can achieve what you want like this:

linked_title = LNK245abp

the letters LNK  can be placed before any field identifier to indicate the 880 alternate graphic representation of that field instead of the field itself.

if you want both the normal representation and the alternate graphic representation in a single Solr field you can do:

title_words = 245abp:LNK245abp

I realize it would be easier to port your existing specification if the getLinkedField  method was supported, and I plan to push the code containing that change and make a new release some time soon, but I'm not yet sure when that would be.

-Bob Haschart

On 3/20/2017 2:18 PM, Demian Katz wrote:

I’m copying this message to the SolrMarc mailing list; I suspect this may be an oversight in the mapping of custom methods from SolrMarc 2 to SolrMarc 3. I’m hoping that Bob can give us a quick answer to either use a newer syntax to achieve the same thing, or restore the missing functionality to the next version. If Bob isn’t able to get back to you in the near future, please remind me about this and I will do some further research on my own – I just suspect that, if Bob is free, he can answer this a lot faster than I can. J

- Demian

Re: [solrmarc-tech] RE: getLinkedField in new SolrMarc 3.0.6

Josu Moreno-2

Hello Robert,

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

I did the change in my properties file and it worked.

Regards,