facebook auth

Horacio Degiorgi
I can't get the facebook auhentification method up and running
Is working the first redirect to facebook but after that the access code is expired
with message
string(122) "{"error":{"message":"This authorization code has expired.","type":"OAuthException","code":100,"fbtrace_id":"Fpfwx8N5sO"}}"
}
Is the code in vufind 4.0 working  with facebook auth ?  I'm watching the docs at facebook and they are using others params for the oauth login and validation.

thanks

ps: the version 4 works very fast. thanks

Lic. Horacio Degiorgi
http://bibliotecas.uncu.edu.ar
http://sid.uncu.edu.ar

Mendoza - Argentina

Re: facebook auth

Demian Katz

I haven’t tested the Facebook login code in a couple of years, and it’s not working for me either right now. Perhaps they have changed their API since it was implemented.

I have opened a JIRA ticket here to track the problem:

https://vufind.org/jira/browse/VUFIND-1237

If it is important for you to solve this problem and you have time to investigate further, I can assign the ticket to you and you can report your results there. (And, of course, I’ll be happy to offer advice along the way if you need it). If you do not have time, or if this is not currently a high priority for you, I will try to look at it more closely as soon as I have some available time!

Either way, thanks for reporting the issue, and sorry for any inconvenience it causes! This particular feature was a proof of concept that has not been used very much in production, so it appears this break was overlooked.

thanks,

Demian

Re: facebook auth

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
I'm confirming the same after testing both version 3.1.4 and 4.0. In this context I have one question ... can we open more than one authentication method? For example, if i open (uncomment) database, multiILS, facebook.... what will happen? I opened both dataabse and multiILS. I expected that it will show a drop-down menu for end users to select preferred option of login. But it is showing only Login and multILS method preferred over database method (though database method listed as the first option).

Is it the normal behaviour? What is the rule base on the basis of which Vufind prefers one method of login over the others? if i open method as ChoiceAuth or multiAuth (opening database, multiILS and ChoiceAuth/MultiAuth at the same time) it is not showing any option. if i open only ChoiceAuth or MultiAuth, it is not showing homepage.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Demian Katz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

Re: facebook auth

Demian Katz

You can only select one method in the [Authentication] section. If you choose ChoiceAuth or MultiAuth, there are other configuration settings (see [ChoiceAuth] and [MultiAuth] sections) that need to be enabled to make everything work correctly.

In any case, thanks for confirming the broken Facebook behavior. I will update the JIRA ticket.

- Demian