Vufind and MariaDB

libsitali
Greetings all

I have been kicking tyres for the past few days, reason being that I am trying to install
Vufind 4.0 with Koha 17.05 (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) and MariaDB. I installed Koha with no issues. Managed to install Vufind too but unable to connect to database.

When I install MySQL it removes MariaDB

Is it possible to install vufind in Ubuntu 16.04 and MariaDB?

Please help

Sitali CS

--
Charles Lwanga College of Education,
P. O. Box 660193,

Mobile: +26 0979 869471
            +26 0966 869471
SKYPE: Libsitali

Re: Vufind and MariaDB

Demian Katz
What method are you using to install VuFind? I am not aware of any reason why you should be unable to run it on Ubuntu with mariadb; I know the software works with Ubuntu 16.04 and with mariadb, but I'm not sure if both of those things have been tested simultaneously before. Perhaps the .deb package is causing a problem, though it appears to be designed generically to support any mysql compatible database. Perhaps installing manually could make a difference, though.

In any case, it should be possible to get this working one way or another. Please let me know if I can do anything more to help.

- Demian