Vufind Usage Survey - comments/suggestions

Vufind Usage Survey - comments/suggestions

Leila Gonzales

Hi Chris,

I took a look at the VuFind Usage survey today and had a couple of suggestions / thoughts that might be considered for additional questions:

·         Does your organization host multiple installations of VuFind?

o   This might be an edge case…

·         Which configurable options/modules do you find most useful?

o   This is trying to get at which configurable modules are used most.

·         What about a question regarding the community/sector that VuFind is being used within? Libraries are going to be the biggest user community, but it might be interesting to see other areas where VuFind is being used.

You might also add a small bit of text at the top of the survey to give participants information about the purpose of the survey. Something along the lines of “Thank you for participating in this survey. Your feedback will help us to…. “. This may also be in the email you send out, but we've found at my institution that it's good to repeat this information on the survey. It also gives participants an idea of how useful their feedback will be to the broader VuFind community.

-Leila

Re: Vufind Usage Survey - comments/suggestions

Chris Hallberg
Doesn't hurt to ask the first question. I like the second question a lot, I was thinking we needed another open ended question. Adding these two.

The third is also good, but I may take some time to find a good way to word it. "What type of environment are you using VuFind for?" with choices library, research, academic, other with a big box might be the right direction.

- Chris

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Leila Gonzales <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

jdrescher

Hi Chris,

When I compiled my article and in updating the community implementation list on the wiki, the broad categories I identified were: academic, public, special, consortia, commercial, state, government (national libraries), museums and archives. Hope it helps!

Judy