Vufind 3 book covers

Byron Smith-4

Hi All,

We have recently migrated a library from Vufind 1.3 to Vufind 3.1.2.  We have noticed that since the changeover there is smaller number of book covers displaying compared to the previous Vufind 1.3 instance.  We are using Google as the source for book covers for both instances of Vufind.  Has anyone else had any issues with a smaller number of covers displaying in Vufind 3 and/or have any idea what the issue might be?

Regards,

Byron

Re: Vufind 3 book covers

Demian Katz

Do you have VuFind configured in config.ini to properly verify SSL certificates? (See https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/config/vufind/config.ini#L1047 for details). In 3.0, VuFind uses HTTPS to connect to Google; if it does not have the appropriate certificate settings, the HTTP library may block the communications, causing the covers to fail over to a different service.

If that doesn't help, or if you have questions about any of this, please let me know!

- Demian

We have recently migrated a library from Vufind 1.3 to Vufind 3.1.2.  We have noticed that since the changeover there is smaller number of book covers displaying compared to the previous Vufind 1.3 instance.  We are using Google as the source for book covers for both instances of Vufind.  Has anyone else had any issues with a smaller number of covers displaying in Vufind 3 and/or have any idea what the issue might be?

Regards,

Byron

Re: Vufind 3 book covers

Byron Smith-4

Thanks Demian – I can confirm that nothing has been configured in this section.  Any idea of what this path should be for a windows environment?  Do we link to the location of the certificate? Eg c:\apache\conf?

Regards,

Byron

[...]

I'd recommend that, as a first step, you should set:

sslverifypeer = false

This will disable the SSL verification entirely. If that makes a difference, then you know the certificates are a problem. If not, we may be on the wrong track.

If sslverifypeer confirms that you have a problem, then you can try to fix it more properly by setting sslcapath or sslcafile to point to the appropriate directory. I'm not sure where that is on a typical Windows install, but if the certs are bundled with Apache, that would certainly be worth trying.

Good luck; let me know if you need more help!

- Demian

[...]

Thanks Demian, I could not see this setting in my config.ini.  Is this something I add in manually under the [http] section?

Regards,

Byron