Quantcast

Vufind 1.4 - Favorite Lists

Christian Dabrowski
Dear Vufinders,

since we integrated the LDAP-authentification in our Vufind we have a
problem with the favorites list: when user log in with the library ID
they have their lists displayed, when they login with their
LDAP-credentials they are not displayed in the account because the
user_id in the database is different - so far it's obvious.

I also think of a possible solution but I am not sure where to start.

The database looks up the id of the logged in username in the user
table, which is the connector to the user_list table.
Now I would like to change that instead of the username, the
cat_username should be checked for the IDs. The cat username is for the
new LDAP-credentials the same value as the library ID.

I'd be grateful for any hint where to look for it?

Regards,
Christian

Re: Vufind 1.4 - Favorite Lists

Demian Katz
Christian,

It has been so long since I have worked with the VuFind 1.x code that it's a bit difficult for me to remember exactly what options are available to you.

My first thought is that you can try customizing the LDAP code here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/vufind/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/web/sys/authn/LDAPAuthentication.php

Right now, it looks up the user based on username, but this could be modified to check for existing users by matching on cat_username.

I think the biggest challenge you will face is the fact that, if people are already using your system, there is the possibility that some users may have created different favorite lists under different accounts by now -- so one person might have two different sets of data that need to be reconciled. You could probably figure out a way to write a script to detect and merge these types of accounts after you have gotten the code working the way you want.

Is that at all helpful? If you need more assistance, I'm certainly willing to try harder to remember the implementation details here -- it's just been a while, and it would take a bit of study to refresh my memory on DB_DataObject behavior, etc.

Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsdm.link%2Fslashdot&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C5be8a76b5def4635298508d46d41dd90%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636253577045950931&sdata=qQlPwvZfgzQ05%2BOPrAOVNXYMyP4ChKGucoS73UdQHco%3D&reserved=0
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.sourceforge.net%2Flists%2Flistinfo%2Fvufind-tech&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C5be8a76b5def4635298508d46d41dd90%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636253577045950931&sdata=Krl4JfZl1tSewAYGITPEfZcaHDsOyqtQvdysHm%2FZTHE%3D&reserved=0