VuFind Tool

EZProxy & Fedgate Support
Dear Member,
Good afternoon!

We're using a third party tool for Federation services. The server does not hold any data or index with it.
The federation happens directly with publisher native sites via HTTP/XML and other protocols over internet channel. The vendor has written API's to connect/authenticate to each publisher and fetch the data in the front end interface.

Does VuFind provide or has such type of capability?

Best Regards,
Bharath Kumar S

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Informatics Publishing Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, copying, distribution, printing or use of the contents of the information contained in this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message by error, please destroy all copies of the message and contact the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 91-80-40387777.

Re: VuFind Tool

Uwe Reh
Hi,

maybe I got you wrong.

In our system, we have integrated EzProxy as seamless service.
Found a electronic recourse in the libraries catalog, VuFind presents a
modified link (via EzProxy) to the resource. If the patron is already
authenticated in VuFind, no additional login is needed, because we use
Single Sign On (Shibboleth) on both products.

Is this, what you are looking for?
As I know, there are installations of VuFind integrating
http://www.indexdata.com/pazpar2

Uwe

Am 20.04.2017 um 10:02 schrieb EZProxy & Fedgate Support:

> Dear Member,
> Good afternoon!
>
> We're using a third party tool for Federation services. The server does
> not hold any data or index with it.
> The federation happens directly with publisher native sites via HTTP/XML
> and other protocols over internet channel. The vendor has written API's
> to connect/authenticate to each publisher and fetch the data in the
> front end interface.
>
> Does VuFind provide or has such type of capability?
>
> Best Regards,
> Bharath Kumar S
>
> *Confidentiality Notice: *T/his electronic message transmission,
> including any attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or
> privileged information from Informatics Publishing Limited. If you are
> not the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, copying,
> distribution, printing or use of the contents of the information
> contained in this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this electronic message by error, please destroy all copies of
> the message and contact the sender immediately by either replying to
> this message or calling 91-80-40387777./

Re: VuFind Tool

EZProxy & Fedgate Support
Dear Uwe,

Ours is the only company to sell or market EzProxy in India.
when we do searching, the federation happens directly with publisher native sites via HTTP/XML and fetch the data what we required and display on our screen.
We use the tool called FedGate for searching.
Please find the sample screen shots, so that you can understand the process clearlyInline images 3.

Best Regards,
Bhaarth Kumar S

On 20 April 2017 at 15:15, Uwe Reh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

maybe I got you wrong.

In our system, we have integrated EzProxy as seamless service.
Found a electronic recourse in the libraries catalog, VuFind presents a
modified link (via EzProxy) to the resource. If the patron is already
authenticated in VuFind, no additional login is needed, because we use
Single Sign On (Shibboleth) on both products.

Is this, what you are looking for?
As I know, there are installations of VuFind integrating
http://www.indexdata.com/pazpar2

Uwe

Am 20.04.2017 um 10:02 schrieb EZProxy & Fedgate Support:
> Dear Member,
> Good afternoon!
>
> We're using a third party tool for Federation services. The server does
> not hold any data or index with it.
> The federation happens directly with publisher native sites via HTTP/XML
> and other protocols over internet channel. The vendor has written API's
> to connect/authenticate to each publisher and fetch the data in the
> front end interface.
>
> Does VuFind provide or has such type of capability?
>
> Best Regards,
> Bharath Kumar S
>
> *Confidentiality Notice: *T/his electronic message transmission,
> including any attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or
> privileged information from Informatics Publishing Limited. If you are
> not the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, copying,
> distribution, printing or use of the contents of the information
> contained in this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this electronic message by error, please destroy all copies of
> the message and contact the sender immediately by either replying to
> this message or calling 91-80-40387777./

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Informatics Publishing Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, copying, distribution, printing or use of the contents of the information contained in this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message by error, please destroy all copies of the message and contact the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 91-80-40387777.

sample1.jpg (233K) Download Attachment
search2.jpg (249K) Download Attachment

Re: VuFind Tool

Demian Katz

This seems like a traditional federated search. As Uwe says, Pazpar2 is probably the best-known open source system that offers this type of functionality. VuFind is a search overlay which can offer a consistent user interface across a variety of different systems, including Pazpar2. If you are looking to switch from a federation-oriented approach to a local-index-based approach, and assuming you have access to all of the necessary metadata, you could use VuFind’s Solr backend (its most popular and commonly-used option) to build a local index that could be searched through VuFind. If you don’t have access to all the metadata but instead must rely on real-time API calls, it is certainly possible to build custom connectors in VuFind to access those APIs, but if you are dealing with a very large number of targets, and if it is important to have all of the results unified into a single list rather than displayed in “Bento box” style, Pazpar2 may be the best place to begin your investigations.

Good luck, and please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

- Demian