V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

Klaus Lehmann
hi Damian

please see this peace of documentation
from searches.ini.


THIS here can nobody understand. no dots!
Original lines from help.
;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API. [url] is the base search URL
;       default "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss" [requestParam] parameter name
;       for passing lookup value in url, default is "searchTerms" [limit] defaults to
;       5, is the number of result items to display [unwanted data providers] comma
;       separated list of dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
;       own results that are also in Europeana. An API key must be set in config.ini
;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


Please, could You replace this here below with above. thanks.
;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API.
;
;       [url] is the base search URL, default for [url] is "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss".
;
;        [requestParam] parameter name for passing lookup value in
;        url, default is "searchTerms".
;
;       [limit] defaults to 5, is the number of result items to display.
;
;       [unwanted data providers] comma,  separated list of dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
;       own results that are also in Europeana.
;
;       An API key must be set in config.ini
;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


ok. than we have e better understanding, what to do?
Do we? Me not! ;-)
I have an europena-api-key.
If I activate "EuropeanaResults:...."
I will get white screens. with NOTHING.


I can't understand this explanation:
EuropeanaResults:[api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss]:[searchTerms]:[5]
If this is correct, please could You write this like an example.
deaf, blind and stupid people like me could THAN better understand ;-)
But it does'nt work with it! really!
Where the error? Before the screen? In/Behind? ;-)

thanks
klaus


Nb: does there be some europeans here in list?
Do there one use "Europena"?
What is the correct content? may be, it has changed... ;-)


--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Ihr Klaus Lehmann
http://allegronet.de * eMail: [hidden email] * phone: 03528-452 807(fax 809) * mobil: 0171-953 7843
allegronet.de * Klaus Lehmann * D-01454 Radeberg * Bahnhofstr. 1
zuständiges Finanzamt: FA Hoyerswerda; zuständige Kammer: IHK Dresden;
zuständige Aufsichtsbehörde: Gewerbeamt Radeberg; USt-IdNr: DE247550760
Für den schnellen Geldverkehr: http://PayPal.Me/LehmannKlaus
* Software für zufriedene Bibliothekare: 1000x bewaehrt und ergiebig
* Bereits 4x allegro-utf8. Buchen Sie die allegro-Roadshow. Yes we can!
* Internetkataloge & WebHosting für Allegro-C & Web 2.0 mit VuFind
* 2011: Sponsor der Peter-Sodann-Bibliothek (Staucha)
* 2013-2016: Bolero 64bit+allegro-zdb+eBooks-allegro-imd
* 2017: allegro-zdb-direkt
Seit 2015 Spezialist in real Big Data! Beispiele: allegro-zdb&allegro-imd
Warum funktioniert mein ZACK-Zugriff nicht mehr? Fragen über Fragen
Lesen Sie auf http://portal.allegronet.de/allegrowerkstatt/allegro-windows .


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
VuFind-General mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/vufind-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

Demian Katz
Klaus,

EuropeanaResults was a feature contributed by the National Library of Ireland many years ago. I have never had a Europeana API key and have thus been unable to test it, and I believe that the API has changed. It is possible that this feature simply stopped working and nobody has noticed.

If turning this feature on gives you a blank white screen, that is usually a sign that a fatal PHP error is occurring, and you should be able to find the actual error message in your Apache error log. Do you mind taking a look at that and sharing the error message?

If you don't mind helping with the troubleshooting, hopefully between the two of us we can either get this working again or determine that it needs to be removed due to obsolescence.

As for the formatting of the comments in searches.ini, your point is fair enough. If you would like to submit a pull request to improve the readability of the file, please feel free. Otherwise, I can put it on my to-do list, but I won't get to it right away. :-)

- Demian

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus Lehmann [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 2:43 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [VuFind-General] V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

hi Damian

please see this peace of documentation
from searches.ini.


THIS here can nobody understand. no dots!
Original lines from help.
;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API. [url] is the base search URL
;       default "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss" [requestParam] parameter name
;       for passing lookup value in url, default is "searchTerms" [limit] defaults to
;       5, is the number of result items to display [unwanted data providers] comma
;       separated list of dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
;       own results that are also in Europeana. An API key must be set in config.ini
;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


Please, could You replace this here below with above. thanks.
;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API.
;
;       [url] is the base search URL, default for [url] is "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss".
;
;        [requestParam] parameter name for passing lookup value in
;        url, default is "searchTerms".
;
;       [limit] defaults to 5, is the number of result items to display.
;
;       [unwanted data providers] comma,  separated list of dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
;       own results that are also in Europeana.
;
;       An API key must be set in config.ini
;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


ok. than we have e better understanding, what to do?
Do we? Me not! ;-)
I have an europena-api-key.
If I activate "EuropeanaResults:...."
I will get white screens. with NOTHING.


I can't understand this explanation:
EuropeanaResults:[api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss]:[searchTerms]:[5]
If this is correct, please could You write this like an example.
deaf, blind and stupid people like me could THAN better understand ;-) But it does'nt work with it! really!
Where the error? Before the screen? In/Behind? ;-)

thanks
klaus


Nb: does there be some europeans here in list?
Do there one use "Europena"?
What is the correct content? may be, it has changed... ;-)


--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Ihr Klaus Lehmann
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fallegronet.de&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=8C3jilIgTCqjrPA2IhJ9zwkMSlkzWMfwCkf66Mn2qHA%3D&reserved=0 * eMail: [hidden email] * phone: 03528-452 807(fax 809) * mobil: 0171-953 7843 allegronet.de * Klaus Lehmann * D-01454 Radeberg * Bahnhofstr. 1 zuständiges Finanzamt: FA Hoyerswerda; zuständige Kammer: IHK Dresden; zuständige Aufsichtsbehörde: Gewerbeamt Radeberg; USt-IdNr: DE247550760 Für den schnellen Geldverkehr: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2FPayPal.Me%2FLehmannKlaus&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=lKXB2wYGRHuBzXz2dEAOnyE5BbrYPWvXU8qx0xF96%2Bg%3D&reserved=0
* Software für zufriedene Bibliothekare: 1000x bewaehrt und ergiebig
* Bereits 4x allegro-utf8. Buchen Sie die allegro-Roadshow. Yes we can!
* Internetkataloge & WebHosting für Allegro-C & Web 2.0 mit VuFind
* 2011: Sponsor der Peter-Sodann-Bibliothek (Staucha)
* 2013-2016: Bolero 64bit+allegro-zdb+eBooks-allegro-imd
* 2017: allegro-zdb-direkt
Seit 2015 Spezialist in real Big Data! Beispiele: allegro-zdb&allegro-imd Warum funktioniert mein ZACK-Zugriff nicht mehr? Fragen über Fragen Lesen Sie auf https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fportal.allegronet.de%2Fallegrowerkstatt%2Fallegro-windows&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=ZnDDn6R0GHG%2FZ1Q3yvCHquh%2BTJeMDajmApFL%2FqjAupg%3D&reserved=0 .


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsdm.link%2Foxford&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=EM2ADj46lZMJMiMcEt3EB%2FHsHiu3gy0cUZ6iW7skteI%3D&reserved=0
_______________________________________________
VuFind-General mailing list
[hidden email]
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.sourceforge.net%2Flists%2Flistinfo%2Fvufind-general&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=9jYgGbLVTI6UL8OnggHKLcsahwuV1hZeH6YOsOSSc0Y%3D&reserved=0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
VuFind-General mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/vufind-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

Klaus Lehmann
 
Guten Tag [Frau/Herr] Demian Katz,
danke für Ihre Nachricht.
Am Dienstag, 7. März 2017 um 20:53 schrieben Sie.
Ihre Nachricht finden Sie am Ende dieser eMail.

> Klaus,
> EuropeanaResults was a feature contributed by the National Library
> of Ireland many years ago. I have never had a Europeana API key and
> have thus been unable to test it, and I believe that the API has
> changed. It is possible that this feature simply stopped working and nobody has noticed.

yes!adress has changed!
here's new. this fore the records please!
europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ for searches.ini!

some remarks to the docu:
if I put a line like this:
EuropeanaResults:["europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss"]:["searchTerms"]:["5"]
               ~~~
we'll get white screen!

this here seams to work:
EuropeanaResults = ["europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss"]:["searchTerms"]:["5"]
                ~~~


I have had in searches.ini:
EuropeanaResults:["europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss"]:["searchTerms"]:["5"]
in log:

[Wed Mar 08 09:42:30.091211 2017] [php5:error] [pid 9956] [client 91.34.151.238:56802] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Zend\\Config\\Exception\\RuntimeException' with message 'Error reading INI file "/usr/local/zfl/lo
cal/config/vufind/searches.ini": syntax error, unexpected TC_OFFSET, expecting '=' in /usr/local/zfl/local/config/vufind/searches.ini on line 202\n' in /usr/local/zfl/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Config/R
eader/Ini.php:76\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: Zend\\Config\\Reader\\Ini->Zend\\Config\\Reader\\{closure}(2, 'syntax error, u...', '/usr/local/zfl/...', 83, Array)\n#1 /usr/local/zfl/vendor/zendframework/zendframew
ork/library/Zend/Config/Reader/Ini.php(83): parse_ini_file('/usr/local/zfl/...', true)\n#2 /usr/local/zfl/module/VuFind/src/VuFind/Config/PluginFactory.php(87): Zend\\Config\\Reader\\Ini->fromFile('/usr/local/zfl/...')\n#3
/usr/local/zfl/module/VuFind/src/VuFind/Config/PluginFactory.php(171): VuFind\\Config\\PluginFactory->loadConfigFile('searches.ini')\n#4 [internal function]: VuFind\\Config\\PluginFactory->createServiceWithName(Object(VuFin
d\\Config\\PluginManager), 'searches',  in /usr/local/zfl/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/ServiceManager/ServiceManager.php on line 1135, referer: http://vufindnet.de/zfl/Record/0i003554



> If turning this feature on gives you a blank white screen, that is
> usually a sign that a fatal PHP error is occurring, and you should
> be able to find the actual error message in your Apache error log.
> Do you mind taking a look at that and sharing the error message?
see above please
2nd notice:
there are too many possibilities: to view on a log.
a. we have in apache vufind.conf one line
  SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/zfl" VUFIND_ENV=development

b. we have apache_error.log (it nothing to do with a.)

c. and we have screen: http(s)://myserver.de/zfl to viewsomething or
nothing.

excuse me sir, too much possibilities (my opinion)

ooooh. I forgot:
d. vufind.log  . more a solar error_log I think....






> If you don't mind helping with the troubleshooting, hopefully
I will help! and I do! this is also MY interest. My customers wants
vufind ;-)


> between the two of us we can either get this working again or
> determine that it needs to be removed due to obsolescence.
;-)
please wait. I will see and control, what europeana will give us!
[because I'm an EUROPEAN!]


> As for the formatting of the comments in searches.ini, your point
> is fair enough. If you would like to submit a pull request to
> improve the readability of the file, please feel free. Otherwise, I
> can put it on my to-do list, but I won't get to it right away. :-)
what is it? a "submit a pull request"?
in git?


a view in the doc: (searches.ini)
it seems, the nomenclatura isn't right:

OpenLibrarySubjects:[GET parameter]:[limit]:[date filter]:[Subject types]
it must be written like this:
OpenLibrarySubjects = [GET parameter]:[limit]:[date filter]:[Subject types]

best idea: please work WITH ONE example
everybody can see, and idiots like me can FAST understand!
[my biography: I'm making(!) porgrams for libraries since aprox. 25
years! and everytime I'm learned by examples!

(wrong?)lines like this
"OpenLibrarySubjects:[GET parameter]:[limit]:[date filter]:[Subject
types]" is nothing for me.

and I'm not born with php
I'm born with (ms)dos 3.3 ;-)
some personal offtopick, I know ;-)


excuse me: but why I'm : the nobody, I'm able to find those all
problems. why has no other people found it?
Or I'm in wrong list?


yours klaus



> - Demian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Klaus Lehmann [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 2:43 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [VuFind-General] V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

> hi Damian

> please see this peace of documentation
> from searches.ini.


> THIS here can nobody understand. no dots!
> Original lines from help.
> ;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
> ;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API. [url] is the base search URL
> ;       default "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss" [requestParam] parameter name
> ;       for passing lookup value in url, default is "searchTerms" [limit] defaults to
> ;       5, is the number of result items to display [unwanted data providers] comma
> ;       separated list of dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
> ;       own results that are also in Europeana. An API key must be set in config.ini
> ;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


> Please, could You replace this here below with above. thanks.
> ;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
> ;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API.
> ;
> ;       [url] is the base search URL, default for [url] is
> "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss".
> ;
> ;        [requestParam] parameter name for passing lookup value in
> ;        url, default is "searchTerms".
> ;
> ;       [limit] defaults to 5, is the number of result items to display.
> ;
> ;       [unwanted data providers] comma,  separated list of
> dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
> ;       own results that are also in Europeana.
> ;
> ;       An API key must be set in config.ini
> ;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


> ok. than we have e better understanding, what to do?
> Do we? Me not! ;-)
> I have an europena-api-key.
> If I activate "EuropeanaResults:...."
> I will get white screens. with NOTHING.


> I can't understand this explanation:
> EuropeanaResults:[api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss]:[searchTerms]:[5]
> If this is correct, please could You write this like an example.
> deaf, blind and stupid people like me could THAN better understand
> ;-) But it does'nt work with it! really!
> Where the error? Before the screen? In/Behind? ;-)

> thanks
> klaus


> Nb: does there be some europeans here in list?
> Do there one use "Europena"?
> What is the correct content? may be, it has changed... ;-)


> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> Ihr Klaus Lehmann
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fallegronet.de&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=8C3jilIgTCqjrPA2IhJ9zwkMSlkzWMfwCkf66Mn2qHA%3D&reserved=0
> * eMail: [hidden email] * phone: 03528-452 807(fax 809) *
> mobil: 0171-953 7843 allegronet.de * Klaus Lehmann * D-01454
> Radeberg * Bahnhofstr. 1 zuständiges Finanzamt: FA Hoyerswerda;
> zuständige Kammer: IHK Dresden; zuständige Aufsichtsbehörde:
> Gewerbeamt Radeberg; USt-IdNr: DE247550760 Für den schnellen
> Geldverkehr:
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2FPayPal.Me%2FLehmannKlaus&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=lKXB2wYGRHuBzXz2dEAOnyE5BbrYPWvXU8qx0xF96%2Bg%3D&reserved=0
> * Software für zufriedene Bibliothekare: 1000x bewaehrt und ergiebig
> * Bereits 4x allegro-utf8. Buchen Sie die allegro-Roadshow. Yes we can!
> * Internetkataloge & WebHosting für Allegro-C & Web 2.0 mit VuFind
> * 2011: Sponsor der Peter-Sodann-Bibliothek (Staucha)
> * 2013-2016: Bolero 64bit+allegro-zdb+eBooks-allegro-imd
> * 2017: allegro-zdb-direkt
> Seit 2015 Spezialist in real Big Data! Beispiele:
> allegro-zdb&allegro-imd Warum funktioniert mein ZACK-Zugriff nicht
> mehr? Fragen über Fragen Lesen Sie auf
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fportal.allegronet.de%2Fallegrowerkstatt%2Fallegro-windows&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=ZnDDn6R0GHG%2FZ1Q3yvCHquh%2BTJeMDajmApFL%2FqjAupg%3D&reserved=0


> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
> dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
> account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
> projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsdm.link%2Foxford&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=EM2ADj46lZMJMiMcEt3EB%2FHsHiu3gy0cUZ6iW7skteI%3D&reserved=0
> _______________________________________________
> VuFind-General mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.sourceforge.net%2Flists%2Flistinfo%2Fvufind-general&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=9jYgGbLVTI6UL8OnggHKLcsahwuV1hZeH6YOsOSSc0Y%3D&reserved=0



--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Ihr Klaus Lehmann
http://allegronet.de * eMail: [hidden email] * phone: 03528-452 807(fax 809) * mobil: 0171-953 7843
allegronet.de * Klaus Lehmann * D-01454 Radeberg * Bahnhofstr. 1
zuständiges Finanzamt: FA Hoyerswerda; zuständige Kammer: IHK Dresden;
zuständige Aufsichtsbehörde: Gewerbeamt Radeberg; USt-IdNr: DE247550760
Für den schnellen Geldverkehr: http://PayPal.Me/LehmannKlaus
* Software für zufriedene Bibliothekare: 1000x bewaehrt und ergiebig
* Bereits 4x allegro-utf8. Buchen Sie die allegro-Roadshow. Yes we can!
* Internetkataloge & WebHosting für Allegro-C & Web 2.0 mit VuFind
* 2011: Sponsor der Peter-Sodann-Bibliothek (Staucha)
* 2013-2016: Bolero 64bit+allegro-zdb+eBooks-allegro-imd
* 2017: allegro-zdb-direkt
Seit 2015 Spezialist in real Big Data! Beispiele: allegro-zdb&allegro-imd
Warum funktioniert mein ZACK-Zugriff nicht mehr? Fragen über Fragen
Lesen Sie auf http://portal.allegronet.de/allegrowerkstatt/allegro-windows .





Am Dienstag, 7. März 2017 um 20:53 schrieben Sie:
> Klaus,

> EuropeanaResults was a feature contributed by the National Library
> of Ireland many years ago. I have never had a Europeana API key and
> have thus been unable to test it, and I believe that the API has
> changed. It is possible that this feature simply stopped working and nobody has noticed.

> If turning this feature on gives you a blank white screen, that is
> usually a sign that a fatal PHP error is occurring, and you should
> be able to find the actual error message in your Apache error log.
> Do you mind taking a look at that and sharing the error message?

> If you don't mind helping with the troubleshooting, hopefully
> between the two of us we can either get this working again or
> determine that it needs to be removed due to obsolescence.

> As for the formatting of the comments in searches.ini, your point
> is fair enough. If you would like to submit a pull request to
> improve the readability of the file, please feel free. Otherwise, I
> can put it on my to-do list, but I won't get to it right away. :-)

> - Demian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Klaus Lehmann [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 2:43 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [VuFind-General] V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

> hi Damian

> please see this peace of documentation
> from searches.ini.


> THIS here can nobody understand. no dots!
> Original lines from help.
> ;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
> ;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API. [url] is the base search URL
> ;       default "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss" [requestParam] parameter name
> ;       for passing lookup value in url, default is "searchTerms" [limit] defaults to
> ;       5, is the number of result items to display [unwanted data providers] comma
> ;       separated list of dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
> ;       own results that are also in Europeana. An API key must be set in config.ini
> ;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


> Please, could You replace this here below with above. thanks.
> ;EuropeanaResults:[url]:[requestParam]:[limit]:[unwanted data providers]
> ;       Display search results from Europeana.eu API.
> ;
> ;       [url] is the base search URL, default for [url] is
> "api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss".
> ;
> ;        [requestParam] parameter name for passing lookup value in
> ;        url, default is "searchTerms".
> ;
> ;       [limit] defaults to 5, is the number of result items to display.
> ;
> ;       [unwanted data providers] comma,  separated list of
> dataproviders to ignore results from; useful for excluding
> ;       own results that are also in Europeana.
> ;
> ;       An API key must be set in config.ini
> ;       (see europeanaAPI setting in [Content] section).


> ok. than we have e better understanding, what to do?
> Do we? Me not! ;-)
> I have an europena-api-key.
> If I activate "EuropeanaResults:...."
> I will get white screens. with NOTHING.


> I can't understand this explanation:
> EuropeanaResults:[api.europeana.eu/api/opensearch.rss]:[searchTerms]:[5]
> If this is correct, please could You write this like an example.
> deaf, blind and stupid people like me could THAN better understand
> ;-) But it does'nt work with it! really!
> Where the error? Before the screen? In/Behind? ;-)

> thanks
> klaus


> Nb: does there be some europeans here in list?
> Do there one use "Europena"?
> What is the correct content? may be, it has changed... ;-)


> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> Ihr Klaus Lehmann
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fallegronet.de&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=8C3jilIgTCqjrPA2IhJ9zwkMSlkzWMfwCkf66Mn2qHA%3D&reserved=0
> * eMail: [hidden email] * phone: 03528-452 807(fax 809) *
> mobil: 0171-953 7843 allegronet.de * Klaus Lehmann * D-01454
> Radeberg * Bahnhofstr. 1 zuständiges Finanzamt: FA Hoyerswerda;
> zuständige Kammer: IHK Dresden; zuständige Aufsichtsbehörde:
> Gewerbeamt Radeberg; USt-IdNr: DE247550760 Für den schnellen
> Geldverkehr:
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2FPayPal.Me%2FLehmannKlaus&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=lKXB2wYGRHuBzXz2dEAOnyE5BbrYPWvXU8qx0xF96%2Bg%3D&reserved=0
> * Software für zufriedene Bibliothekare: 1000x bewaehrt und ergiebig
> * Bereits 4x allegro-utf8. Buchen Sie die allegro-Roadshow. Yes we can!
> * Internetkataloge & WebHosting für Allegro-C & Web 2.0 mit VuFind
> * 2011: Sponsor der Peter-Sodann-Bibliothek (Staucha)
> * 2013-2016: Bolero 64bit+allegro-zdb+eBooks-allegro-imd
> * 2017: allegro-zdb-direkt
> Seit 2015 Spezialist in real Big Data! Beispiele:
> allegro-zdb&allegro-imd Warum funktioniert mein ZACK-Zugriff nicht
> mehr? Fragen über Fragen Lesen Sie auf
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fportal.allegronet.de%2Fallegrowerkstatt%2Fallegro-windows&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=ZnDDn6R0GHG%2FZ1Q3yvCHquh%2BTJeMDajmApFL%2FqjAupg%3D&reserved=0


> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
> dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
> account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
> projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsdm.link%2Foxford&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=EM2ADj46lZMJMiMcEt3EB%2FHsHiu3gy0cUZ6iW7skteI%3D&reserved=0
> _______________________________________________
> VuFind-General mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.sourceforge.net%2Flists%2Flistinfo%2Fvufind-general&data=02%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C9e5f3d422a0c4f05f1d708d4659277d1%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1%7C0%7C636245127127789964&sdata=9jYgGbLVTI6UL8OnggHKLcsahwuV1hZeH6YOsOSSc0Y%3D&reserved=0


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
VuFind-General mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/vufind-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: V3.1.2 the use of an europeana.key

Demian Katz
> some remarks to the docu:
> if I put a line like this:
> EuropeanaResults:["europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss"]:["searchTerms"]:["5"]
>                ~~~
> we'll get white screen!
>
> this here seams to work:
> EuropeanaResults = ["europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss"]:["searchTerms"]:["5"]

I think that this is a problem related to unclear documentation. The brackets are not needed in the configuration string -- they are just there to separate parameters in the syntax guidelines. The brackets are probably causing parse errors in the .ini file, since PHP is fairly strict about this. I think the more correct configuration would be:

EuropeanaResults = "europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss:searchTerms:5"

Please try that and let me know if it works.

As you say, including more examples in the documentation would make these things easier to understand.

> 2nd notice:
> there are too many possibilities: to view on a log.
> a. we have in apache vufind.conf one line
>  SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/zfl" VUFIND_ENV=development
>
> b. we have apache_error.log (it nothing to do with a.)
>
> c. and we have screen: http(s)://myserver.de/zfl to viewsomething or nothing.
>
> excuse me sir, too much possibilities (my opinion)
>
> ooooh. I forgot:
> d. vufind.log  . more a solar error_log I think....

I apologize for the inconvenience here -- essentially we are dealing with two layers of errors. There are fatal PHP errors, which the VuFind code cannot control, because they cause PHP to terminate (these end up in the Apache error log, though you can make them appear on screen by changing your php.ini and/or Apache settings). Then there is everything else, which VuFind can handle itself -- these are all piped into the same logging mechanism, but that logger can be configured to send the messages to any number of different places, and to filter them in a variety of different ways, depending on preferences. The main obstacle is that, by default, VuFind is configured to hide most error information because, for security reasons, we don't want to accidentally leak any important internal information to end users as part of an error message. (It is safer to turn off verbose messages by default than to trust administrators to remember to turn them off manually). So it takes a bit of work to see all of the important messages. This is something else that should probably be better-documented, though it's largely a question of where to put the notes so that people will actually see them when they need them.

> what is it? a "submit a pull request"?
> in git?

Yes, we use pull requests on GitHub for most of our collaborative development of VuFind. It's a very useful way to share code -- the GitHub tools make it quite easy to discuss and refine changes prior to merging them into the main codebase. If you have not done any work with GitHub before, I would encourage you to look around and read some tutorials -- it is a very powerful tool (and in my opinion, fun to use too!). Of course, if you have questions about anything, I am happy to help... and also, I'm not trying to make more work for you. As I said, I can try to find time to work on some of these things myself... but if you plan on contributing to the project in the future, learning about pull requests will be very useful and will allow your work and suggestions to be incorporated into the project more quickly.

> a view in the doc: (searches.ini)
> it seems, the nomenclatura isn't right:
>
> OpenLibrarySubjects:[GET parameter]:[limit]:[date filter]:[Subject types] it must be written like > this:
> OpenLibrarySubjects = [GET parameter]:[limit]:[date filter]:[Subject types]
>
> best idea: please work WITH ONE example

I don't think the existing line is incorrect -- just unclear. When configuring a recommendation module, the left side of the equation is the type of search that should show the recommendation. The right side is the name of the module, with a colon-delimited set of parameters associated with it. Recommendations can be turned on in two places -- the default section, used when no search-type-specific overrides are defined:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/config/vufind/searches.ini#L49

And then the more specific section, where you can override the defaults for specific types of searches (like Title or Author):

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/config/vufind/searches.ini#L396

Does that make any more sense?

Anyway, I still agree that we should be documenting this more clearly -- perhaps if you now have a better understanding of how it should work, that will help you suggest ways of improving the documentation further.

> and I'm not born with php
> I'm born with (ms)dos 3.3 ;-)
> some personal offtopick, I know ;-)

Ha! If it's any consolation, I also come from DOS land -- though I probably started with 5.0 rather than 3.3. ;-) Web development is specially designed to drive programmers insane, but it has its benefits too. ;-)

> excuse me: but why I'm : the nobody, I'm able to find those all problems. why has no other
> people found it?

My guess is that you're running into trouble simply because you've found one of the more complicated and less-used features of the software. Most of the more common features already have working examples in the configurations, and thus make it a bit easier to make adjustments.

- Demian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
VuFind-General mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/vufind-general