Use of variable url in solr-convert.xsl and in templates.

Use of variable url in solr-convert.xsl and in templates.

Alan Rykhus
Hello,

I've found a problem with the use of url as a field name in
web/xsl/solr-convert.xsl and as a variable in the templates, especially
the Record/templates/view.tpl.

If the Record you are looking at contains only 1 856 field the
web/xsl/solr-convert.xsl seems to overwrite the value of $url with
whatever subfield u contains. If there are multiple 856 fields it is not
a problem, because then web/xsl/solr-convert.xsl creates an array.

If you change the name of the field that is created by
web/xsl/solr-convert.xsl to something else, there is no problem.

The bad url occurs in the links to Holdings, Description, TOC,
UserComments, Reviews, and Details where they do not link back to the
home site.

al
--
Alan Rykhus
PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities

Re: Use of variable url in solr-convert.xsl and in templates.

Andrew Nagy-2
Al - I just checked a record and did not see this problem.  Could you give us an example of this problem occurring?

Here is an example from the VuFind demo site:
http://vufind.org/demo/Record/544565/Details
This record has only 1 856 link and is displayed properly.  All other links on this page are also displayed properly.

Thanks

Hello Andrew,

It must be from a localization I've done. I have no problem fixing it on
my site.

al