Upgrading Vufind database from 1.3 to 3

Byron Smith-4

Hi All,

We are looking to upgrade Vufind from version 1.3 to version 3 on windows 2012 server.  Is there a particular process that I should follow in upgrading the Vufind database?

Regards,

Byron

Re: Upgrading Vufind database from 1.3 to 3

Demian Katz
The web-based upgrade process should be able to handle that, but of course you'll want to make a backup in case something goes wrong! 1.x to 3.x is a big jump, and it might be safer to try the latest 2.x as an intermediate step... but the direct jump might work, and so if you have a safe test environment where you can try it first, it's worth a shot. Let us know if you run into any specific issues!

- Demian

We are looking to upgrade Vufind from version 1.3 to version 3 on windows 2012 server.  Is there a particular process that I should follow in upgrading the Vufind database?

Regards,

Byron

Re: Upgrading Vufind database from 1.3 to 3

Byron Smith-2
Thanks Demian, fortunately I have a test environment so I will give this a go and let you know if I run into any issues.

Regards,

Byron