Upcoming major PR merges

Demian Katz

Hello, everyone.

Two significant PRs were discussed on today’s developers call, and I wanted to give everyone else a chance to comment. If no one objects, I plan on merging both on Monday morning:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/pull/819 - Ere’s first pass at search and record APIs for VuFind seems ready to go. If you have any design suggestions before this becomes official, please speak now!

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/pull/769 - The Phing task for installing Solr independently of Git (which will allow us to reduce the number of large binaries cluttering VuFind’s Git repo, at the cost of an extra install step) is now platform-independent (Linux and Windows both work fine). If this will cause unreasonable hardship for anyone, please let me know!

Thanks again for your consideration!

Re: Upcoming major PR merges

Demian Katz

Hello again, everyone –

Both of these PRs have now been merged. Please let me know if you run into any problems!

- Demian