Summon API: Is the API link hardcoded or configurable?

Summon API: Is the API link hardcoded or configurable?

Perry Madden
I work with a number of libraries accessing Summon through Vufind. I am unable to find a spot to configure the API URL. Is this possible?

Summon has an upcoming Release on December 15th, and has set up a test environment. I would like to set up one or more of my development Vufind servers to test as well.
  Perry Madden
  Support and Training Services
  *PALS, A Program of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities*

Re: Summon API: Is the API link hardcoded or configurable?

Demian Katz

There’s not currently a .ini setting to override the Summon API URL, but I believe if you add a ‘host’ option to the array here:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/module/VuFind/src/VuFind/Search/Factory/SummonBackendFactory.php#L133

…that should do the trick. We can add a config setting for this fairly easily if that would be useful for future reference.

If you are using a very old version of VuFind, things may look a little different. If you have further questions, or if this suggestion does not work, please let me know!

- Demian

I work with a number of libraries accessing Summon through Vufind. I am unable to find a spot to configure the API URL. Is this possible?

Summon has an upcoming Release on December 15th, and has set up a test environment. I would like to set up one or more of my development Vufind servers to test as well.

  Perry Madden
  Support and Training Services
  *PALS, A Program of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities*

[summonclients] Summon Update—Release Preview Environment is Live!

Sat, 10 Dec 2016 06:32:04 +0000

Brent Cook [hidden email]