Quantcast

Strange IE behavior on bootstrap3

Xabi Molero

Hi,

We discovered a strange behavior for IE in our environment.

When you search in the result list page with IE, the vertical scrollbar and the links are not available.

You have to do doubleclick somewhere in the page to activate scrollbar and  links.

I tried in our development server with bootsrap3 theme and the production server extends it.

The url is the next one: http://vufinddesa1/Search/Results?lookfor=&type=AllFields&limit=20&sort=id_cero+desc

The IE version is 11.0.9600.18617IS.

I put too the meta information: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

Could you help me to fix this behavior?

Xabi

Re: Strange IE behavior on bootstrap3

Xabi Molero

Sorry, the public url is  http://biblioteca.artium.org/Search/Results?lookfor=&type=AllFields&limit=20&sort=id_cero+desc&ui=bootstrap3

Re: Strange IE behavior on bootstrap3

Demian Katz

That is quite peculiar, and I am not seeing the same issue when I use the Bootstrap3 theme in IE11 on my own test server, so it must be a combination of factors.

One thing I notice that may be significant: when the page loads, it shows up correctly for a moment, and then something happens that causes the tab title to change to “Waiting for biblioteca.artium.org…” It is after this that the problem manifests itself. The “Waiting” title stays in place even though as far as I can tell, the network loading has completed.

This leads me to suspect that something unexpected must be going on with some of the Javascript code.

What ILS driver are you currently using? I’m curious to know if temporarily changing your ILS driver setting in config.ini to “Sample” causes the problem to go away. If so, that would at least tell us that we need to look more closely at the item status loading behavior.

I’ll keep thinking about this, but please let me know if experimenting with the driver setting turns up any further clues or if it makes no difference. I think that will be a big help in narrowing down the cause.

- Demian

Re: Strange IE behavior on bootstrap3

Xabi Molero

Hi Demian,

The ILS driver that I am using is Amicus. I changed the ILS driver to “Sample” and the problem is the same.

I am going to test Javascript code, but in Bootstrap 3 I didn´t change nothing before.

Best,

Xabi

Re: Strange IE behavior on bootstrap3

Demian Katz

Interesting. It's definitely worth setting some breakpoints in the item availability status logic to see if that narrows anything down. Let me know if you need help finding the relevant code!

Good luck!

- Demian

Re: Strange IE behavior on bootstrap3

Xabi Molero

Hi Demian,

The error in bootstrap3 with IE: http://biblioteca.artium.org/Search/Results?lookfor=&type=AllFields&limit=20&sort=id_cero+desc&ui=bootstrap3

I uploaded the vufind code to our development server and I found the solution to strange IE behavior on bootstrap3.

The error is in /usr/local/vufind/themes/bootstrap3/css/compiled.css

I changed the following lines:

@media (max-width: 767px){

//.hidden-xs{display: none !important}

.hidden-xs{visibility:hidden !important;}

}

@media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 991px){

//.hidden-sm{display: none !important}

.hidden-sm{visibility:hidden !important;}

}

@media (min-width: 992px) and (max-width: 1199px){

//.hidden-md{display: none !important}

.hidden-md{visibility:hidden !important;}

}

@media (min-width: 1200px){

//.hidden-lg{display: none !important}

.hidden-lg{visibility:hidden !important;}

}

I updated the code in the new theme not to change the initial code in boostrap3. So, in http://biblioteca.artium.org/Search/Results?lookfor=&type=AllFields&limit=20&sort=id_cero+desc&ui=artium goes well and now the behavior in IE is correct.

Many thanks!

Xabi