SolrIndexer error

Barnett, Jeffrey
I tried a new version of vufind this morning ... my first using solrmarc.  When I fired up import.sh I got a string of errors similar to:
ERROR [main] (SolrIndexer.java:290) - Unable to find custom indexing function getFullGeographic

I assume there is a library or path setting that is wrong.  Where should I start looking?

BTW, it would be nice if import.sh had a "check" feature similar to vufind.sh.

In lieu of that here is my environment:

$ env
USER=vufind
SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh
JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_07
HOME=/export/home/vufind
VUFIND_HOME=/usr/local/yulprog/yu-dev-20080812
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/csw/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/local/lib/instantclient:/lib:/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib:/opt/csw/apache2/lib
PWD=/usr/local/yulprog/yu-dev-20080812
SOLR_HOME=/usr/local/yulprog/yu-dev-20080812/solr

Re: SolrIndexer error

Naomi Dushay
Jeffrey,

Is there a "getFullGeographic()" function in SolrIndexer or in
VufindIndexer?  If not, you should change the vufind.properties file
for the field that uses it to grab the information from a suitable
marc field.

i just posted some documentation I wrote on the "user documentation"
section of the VuFind wikis.  It's not perfect, and may not even be
accurate, but if you look at the Subject Fields doc, it might be
helpful.

http://www.vufind.org/wiki/subject_fields

- Naomi

On Aug 12, 2008, at 8:47 AM, Barnett, Jeffrey wrote:

> I tried a new version of vufind this morning ... my first using
> solrmarc.  When I fired up import.sh I got a string of errors
> similar to:
> ERROR [main] (SolrIndexer.java:290) - Unable to find custom indexing
> function getFullGeographic
>
> I assume there is a library or path setting that is wrong.  Where
> should I start looking?
>
> BTW, it would be nice if import.sh had a "check" feature similar to
> vufind.sh.
>
> In lieu of that here is my environment:
>
> $ env
> USER=vufind
> SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_07
> HOME=/export/home/vufind
> VUFIND_HOME=/usr/local/yulprog/yu-dev-20080812
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/csw/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/
> local/lib/instantclient:/lib:/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib:/opt/csw/
> apache2/lib
> PWD=/usr/local/yulprog/yu-dev-20080812
> SOLR_HOME=/usr/local/yulprog/yu-dev-20080812/solr

> challenge
> great prizes
> the world

Re: SolrIndexer error

Jeffrey - as I have mentioned in the past the current trunk is broken and will not work.  We are in the process of converting solrmarc to use Solr1.3.  Once this is complete I will make an announcement to the list.