Smarty-2.6.19.tar.gz

12

Smarty-2.6.19.tar.gz

Barnett, Jeffrey
I see that the latest install script rev (1095) includes an update in the Smarty distribution.  Is this a mandatory upgrade (dependency), or one intended to pick up general improvements only?  It may not be a good idea, but we are running multiple revisions of vufind for production, test, and development, and would prefer that all use a common Smarty library if possible.  What would happen if we updated the code, but not the Smarty library?

Re: Smarty-2.6.19.tar.gz

Andrew Nagy-2
Good question Jeffrey - no there is no need to upgrade.  I just changed to the .19 release since I needed to update the URL since smarty moved to smarty.net.

Re: Smarty-2.6.19.tar.gz

Barnett, Jeffrey
Good, thanks.  It's hard enough keeping in sync with vufind and solrmarc, without tracking a third dependency.  Do you have any plan to incorporate a maven build capability?

Good question Jeffrey - no there is no need to upgrade.  I just changed to the .19 release since I needed to update the URL since smarty moved to smarty.net.

Re: Smarty-2.6.19.tar.gz

Andrew Nagy-2
I think this is something that Wayne wanted to setup, im not familiar with Maven, but it sounds great.  Im working on getting JIRA setup so we can better manage bugs and releases.

rev 1108

Hannah Ullrich

Is the trunk version 1108 still in work?
I upgraded to the revision 1108 but the system  don't work anymore. It
seems the pathes for the smarty variables are wrong.

Maybe I have overlooked something? -> then mea culpa ;-(

Hannah

--
Hannah Ullrich
Fachinformatikerin

Universitaetsbibliothek Freiburg
EDV Dezernat
Patz der Universitaet 2
79098 Freiburg
Tel: +49-761 / 203-3877

Re: rev 1108

Andrew Nagy-2
Hannah - I have been reorganizing the directory structure to move the templates out of the individual modules and into the interface directory to allow for "themes".  As of 1108 - I think everything should be up to date.  Please let me know what is not working.

Re: rev 1108

wsgrah
Administrator
Hannah, do you remember which revision you're upgrading from? There's a
new httpd-vufind.conf file that replaces the .htaccess files that were
getting used.

Andrew, I remember you pinging me on this, but for the life of me I
can't remember if it's supposed to get loaded or if this has to get
added to the apache2.conf or httpd.conf (depending on the platform).

Wayne

Andrew Nagy wrote:

> Hannah - I have been reorganizing the directory structure to move the templates out of the individual modules and into the interface directory to allow for "themes".  As of 1108 - I think everything should be up to date.  Please let me know what is not working.
>
> Andrew

/**
  * Wayne Graham
  * Earl Gregg Swem Library
  * PO Box 8794
  * Williamsburg, VA 23188
  * 757.221.3112
  * http://swem.wm.edu/blogs/waynegraham/
  * http://www.liquidfoot.com
  */

Re: rev 1108

Andrew Nagy-2
> Andrew, I remember you pinging me on this, but for the life of me I
> can't remember if it's supposed to get loaded or if this has to get
> added to the apache2.conf or httpd.conf (depending on the platform).

Depending on your platform - you can just copy the httpd-vufind.conf into the apache include directory.

For RedHat, it's in the: /etc/httpd/conf.d directory.  For ubuntu it's in a directory called "extras"

Re: rev 1108

wsgrah
Administrator
I think the path is actually /etc/apache2/conf.d (at least in  8.04) or
appending it to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default (it could just
sit in that directory, but if its multi-homed, would give /vufind to
every site).

Think we should start a section on the wiki for bleeding edge stuff?
There's a lot that's radically different from the 0.8 to the current
trunk...I guess I could start documenting solrmarc :)

Wayne

--
/**
  * Wayne Graham
  * Earl Gregg Swem Library
  * PO Box 8794
  * Williamsburg, VA 23188
  * 757.221.3112
  * http://swem.wm.edu/blogs/waynegraham/
  * http://www.liquidfoot.com
  */

Re: rev 1108

Hannah Ullrich
Hi,

thanks a lot for your quick help - now it works ! :-)
I copied the file httpd-vufind.conf to  /etc/apache2/conf.d (we use Suse
10.2)

Just for info, I upgraded from version 1019 and  then from 1052.

greetings from Germany

Hannah

--
Hannah Ullrich
Fachinformatikerin

Universitaetsbibliothek Freiburg
EDV Dezernat
Patz der Universitaet 2
79098 Freiburg
Tel: +49-761 / 203-3877

Re: rev 1108

Barnett, Jeffrey
YES! Documentation PLEASE!
... starting with how delete is supposed to work.  I'm still getting log files that claim to have deleted records but index files that aren't even touched.

...related question: Why does import launch "Searchers" (according to the log)

--
/**
  * Wayne Graham
  * Earl Gregg Swem Library
  * PO Box 8794
  * Williamsburg, VA 23188
  * 757.221.3112
  * http://swem.wm.edu/blogs/waynegraham/
  * http://www.liquidfoot.com
  */

Re: rev 1108

Andrew Nagy-2
> YES! Documentation PLEASE!
> ... starting with how delete is supposed to work.  I'm still getting
> log files that claim to have deleted records but index files that
> aren't even touched.

Delete for what?  Records that were deleted in Voyager?  This is something that I am working on.  The idea is that I will nightly download the deleted records file from voyager and parse out the ID of each record.  Then delete the IDs.  I will post the code into SVN once I am done with it.

> ...related question: Why does import launch "Searchers" (according to
> the log)

Hmmm ... dunno.  Wayne might have some insight here?

Re: rev 1108

Delis, Christopher
On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 01:30:27PM -0400, Barnett, Jeffrey wrote:
> YES! Documentation PLEASE!
> ... starting with how delete is supposed to work.  I'm still getting log files that claim to have deleted records but index files that aren't even touched.

I am using solrmarc and getting delete to work required me to edit

src/org/solrmarc/marc/MarcImporter.java

in method deleteRecords() (line 294, rev. 206),

I noticed the following "if" block:

               if (!line.startsWith("u"))
                {
                    line = "u" + line;
                }

This basically prefixes the letter "u" onto the bib ids you are
wishing to delete.  The result, of course, is that you will not delete
the record you intended.  E.g., say you want to delete bib id 1234;
the MarcImporter will instead try to delete bib id u1234, which
obviously does not exist!

By removing this block, I was able to get solrmarc to delete my bibs.

--Chris

> ...related question: Why does import launch "Searchers" (according to the log)

Re: rev 1108

Bob Wicksall
I wonder if that is code from a Sirsi user?  Unicorn slaps a 'u' on each record when it exports.

Bob Wicksall

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 01:30:27PM -0400, Barnett, Jeffrey wrote:
> YES! Documentation PLEASE!
> ... starting with how delete is supposed to work.  I'm still getting log files that claim to have deleted records but index files that aren't even touched.

I am using solrmarc and getting delete to work required me to edit

src/org/solrmarc/marc/MarcImporter.java

in method deleteRecords() (line 294, rev. 206),

I noticed the following "if" block:

               if (!line.startsWith("u"))
                {
                    line = "u" + line;
                }

This basically prefixes the letter "u" onto the bib ids you are
wishing to delete.  The result, of course, is that you will not delete
the record you intended.  E.g., say you want to delete bib id 1234;
the MarcImporter will instead try to delete bib id u1234, which
obviously does not exist!

By removing this block, I was able to get solrmarc to delete my bibs.

--Chris

> ...related question: Why does import launch "Searchers" (according to the log)

Re: rev 1108

wsgrah
Administrator
I'm going to bounce this onto the Solrmarc-tech list...we'll get a fix
for this ASAP.

Chris Delis wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 01:30:27PM -0400, Barnett, Jeffrey wrote:
>
>> YES! Documentation PLEASE!
>> ... starting with how delete is supposed to work.  I'm still getting log files that claim to have deleted records but index files that aren't even touched.
>>

> I am using solrmarc and getting delete to work required me to edit
>
> src/org/solrmarc/marc/MarcImporter.java
>
> in method deleteRecords() (line 294, rev. 206),
>
> I noticed the following "if" block:
>
>                if (!line.startsWith("u"))
>                 {
>                     line = "u" + line;
>                 }
>

> This basically prefixes the letter "u" onto the bib ids you are
> wishing to delete.  The result, of course, is that you will not delete
> the record you intended.  E.g., say you want to delete bib id 1234;
> the MarcImporter will instead try to delete bib id u1234, which
> obviously does not exist!
>
> By removing this block, I was able to get solrmarc to delete my bibs.
>
> --Chris
>

>> ...related question: Why does import launch "Searchers" (according to the log)

/**
  * Wayne Graham
  * Earl Gregg Swem Library
  * PO Box 8794
  * Williamsburg, VA 23188
  * 757.221.3112
  * http://swem.wm.edu/blogs/waynegraham/
  * http://www.liquidfoot.com
  */

Re: rev 1108

wsgrah
Administrator
Searchers are spawned by Solr for caching purposes. Basically an Index
Searcher is a snapshot of an index that doesn't change. In the indexing
process, the index changes a lot, so new Index Searchers are created.

For a more in-depth answer, check this out:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching

Wayne

--
/**
  * Wayne Graham
  * Earl Gregg Swem Library
  * PO Box 8794
  * Williamsburg, VA 23188
  * 757.221.3112
  * http://swem.wm.edu/blogs/waynegraham/
  * http://www.liquidfoot.com
  */

Re: rev 1108

wsgrah
Administrator
It is :)

Bob Wicksall wrote:

> I wonder if that is code from a Sirsi user?  Unicorn slaps a 'u' on each record when it exports.
>
> Bob Wicksall

/**
  * Wayne Graham
  * Earl Gregg Swem Library
  * PO Box 8794
  * Williamsburg, VA 23188
  * 757.221.3112
  * http://swem.wm.edu/blogs/waynegraham/
  * http://www.liquidfoot.com
  */

Re: rev 1108

I think it might also be nice if solrmarc could take a binary marc file that contains bib records that are to be deleted.  This is the way Voyager handles deletes - I'm assuming that SD processes deletes into a file containing only bib ids?

Re: rev 1108

Barnett, Jeffrey
Sorry Andrew, I keep forgetting what is a vufind function and what is solr.  I already have a process for harvesting deleted bib_id's from voyager.  My problem is that when I supply the file to solr (using import.properties "marc.ids_to_delete") MarcImporter reports "n records deleted", but they still remain in the index.  Is there some step beyond providing a file of id's that is missing?  Is there a special format for the file?  Is there an error log (apart from import/error-log) that would document deletes that fail and why?

> ... starting with how delete is supposed to work.  I'm still getting
> log files that claim to have deleted records but index files that
> aren't even touched.

Delete for what?  Records that were deleted in Voyager?  This is something that I am working on.  The idea is that I will nightly download the deleted records file from voyager and parse out the ID of each record.  Then delete the IDs.  I will post the code into SVN once I am done with it.

> ...related question: Why does import launch "Searchers" (according to
> the log)

Hmmm ... dunno.  Wayne might have some insight here?

Re: rev 1108

Barnett, Jeffrey
But Wayne told us earlier that the code from src/org/solrmarc/marc was no longer being used to build the MarcImporter.jar file in solrmarc/dist.  How can I make local mods and still stay in sync?

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 01:30:27PM -0400, Barnett, Jeffrey wrote:
> YES! Documentation PLEASE!
> ... starting with how delete is supposed to work.  I'm still getting log files that claim to have deleted records but index files that aren't even touched.

I am using solrmarc and getting delete to work required me to edit

src/org/solrmarc/marc/MarcImporter.java

in method deleteRecords() (line 294, rev. 206),

I noticed the following "if" block:

               if (!line.startsWith("u"))
                {
                    line = "u" + line;
                }

This basically prefixes the letter "u" onto the bib ids you are
wishing to delete.  The result, of course, is that you will not delete
the record you intended.  E.g., say you want to delete bib id 1234;
the MarcImporter will instead try to delete bib id u1234, which
obviously does not exist!

By removing this block, I was able to get solrmarc to delete my bibs.

--Chris

> ...related question: Why does import launch "Searchers" (according to the log)

12