SIP2 Authentication

Bob Wicksall
I finally had time last night to update my SIP2 Authentication code.  Here are the changes that I made:

1)vufind/web/conf/config.ini

; This section allows you to determine how the users will authenticate

; You can use an LDAP directory, the local ILS or the VuFind database.

[Authentication]

;method          = LDAP

;method          = ILS

;method          = DB

method = SIP2

; SIP2 is optional.  This section only needs to exist if the

; Authentication Method is set to SIP2.

[SIP2]

host = 192.168.0.1
port = 6002

2)vufind/web/sys/User.php - diff file is attached

3)I downloaded John Wholers' sip2 library from http://code.google.com/p/php-sip2/ and put it in ./vufind/web/sys/php-sip2

I have a Unicorn system so that is the only thing this code has been tested against.  I'm sure it will need a few tweaks to work with other systems.

Bob Wicksall
Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21
Canandaigua, New York  14424

Voice: (585) 394-8260
Fax: (585) 394-1935

User.php.diff (5K) Download Attachment

Re: SIP2 Authentication

John Wohlers-2
If anyone does run into any modifications that are needed for my SIP2 module, please submit them at the Google site and I'll be happy to incorporate them.

John Wohlers
Library Technology Assistant
Waubonsee Community College

Re: SIP2 Authentication

Andrew Nagy-2

Have you considered making this a PEAR package?  From my perspective it would add credibility and ease of installation if it were.

Andrew