Re: VuFind Community Mission Statement - draft 2

Re: VuFind Community Mission Statement - draft 2

Uwe Reh
+1

Re: VuFind Community Mission Statement - draft 2

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
Agreed. 👍

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Uwe Reh <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

Re: VuFind Community Mission Statement - draft 2

Josef Moravec
Great!

čt 13. 7. 2017 v 15:05 odesílatel Demian Katz <[hidden email]> napsal:

Thanks to everyone who commented on yesterday’s mission statement draft. There were some very good suggestions, and I have created a second revision designed to reflect the community’s emphasis on support and to better convey that VuFind works with a variety of different metadata types for different kinds of institutions. Here is the second draft:

“The mission of the VuFind Community is to develop and support VuFind, a free, open source discovery application. VuFind provides a universal, user-oriented and configurable interface to support common search, browse and patron account operations across a wide variety of information systems and metadata types. VuFind is designed to be friendly both for end users and for developers/administrators, providing infrastructure for innovation and enabling organizations to make choices about their back-end systems without significantly impacting their front-facing user experience. The Community places a priority on mutual support and knowledge sharing, maintaining documentation and multiple communication channels in order to welcome newcomers and enable collaborative planning and problem solving.”

I think this is a significant improvement on the first draft, but I would still welcome further suggestions if anyone feels it could be made better. Thanks again for your valuable input!

Re: VuFind Community Mission Statement - draft 2

Tod Olson
+1

-Tod

On Jul 13, 2017, at 8:05 AM, Demian Katz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Re: VuFind Community Mission Statement - posted to wiki

Demian Katz

Hello, everyone --

Thanks for the overwhelmingly positive feedback to draft 2. I think we have an official mission statement. I've posted it on the wiki here:

https://vufind.org/wiki/community

Of course, we're still free to revise this further if we need to... but I think what we have will serve us well for now!

- Demian

Also a +1 from me. Looks great! Thanks for pulling this statement together.

- Leila