Re: Request for feedback: VuFind mission statement

Re: Request for feedback: VuFind mission statement

vufind-general mailing list
Hi Demian,

My suggestion is that the Mission of the VuFind community should include rendering assistance or support to other users and the sharing of ideas pertaining to implementation and administration of VuFind.

Thank you for this initiative.

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Demian Katz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello, everyone –

I have been asked to provide a mission statement for the VuFind community. Here is a first draft I have come up with:

“The mission of the VuFind Community is to develop VuFind, a free, open source discovery application that provides a universal, user-oriented and configurable interface to support common search and library patron operations across a wide variety of systems. VuFind is designed to be friendly both for end users and for developers/administrators, providing infrastructure for innovation and enabling organizations to make choices about their back-end systems without significantly impacting their front-facing user experience.”

Since I am not the only person in this community, I thought I would share this with you and solicit feedback before publishing it anywhere. Any thoughts? All input is appreciated!

thanks,

Demian

Regards

Nas Yakubu
Assistant Director of Information Systems
American University of Nigeria
Lamido Zubairu Way
Yola
Adamawa State