Re: A real beginner's question

wsgrah
Administrator
Are you using subversion trunk or the stable release?

I see someone reported it to the list earlier in the week...doesn't look
like it made it into the bug tracker though.

Wayne Graham wrote:

> I'm just looking through old stuff on the list because I remember
> someone having a similar issue before...
>
> Just to clarify, are there any error messages in your httpd error logs
> and PHP errors right?
>
> The person that had the issue that I remember actually had it
> disappear after a meeting...but, in the mean time, try this:
>
> uncomment the line in PATH_TO_VUFIND/web/.htaccess
>
> php_value display_errors 1
> php_value error_reporting 2047
>
> Do a reload on httpd (just to be sure) and then look at the page
> again. If it's not in production, also try a reboot (curious to see if
> that works). Hopefully changing the error display in .htaccess will
> give some clues.
>
> Wayne
>
> Gene Damon wrote:
>> Only about 3,000 or so.  No, this is a real "out-of-the-box" install
>> for the most part.   It just happened that the server I am using for
>> this, I had just upgraded to Fedora core 9 so seemed a good clean
>> place to do some experimenting.
>>
>> The only thing I did differently was I didn't install in /usr/local,
>> but as far as the install instructions detailed, I think I got all
>> the changes that required.
>>
>> I suspect the core problem is that I don't really have a firm
>> understanding of how the various components, Pear, Jetty, Sola, etc.
>> all interact and have got some part of the relationship set up wrong.
>>

>> Wayne Graham wrote:
>>
>>> How many records are we talking? Did you do any Java tuning?

Re: A real beginner's question

Gene Damon
Pretty sure it is the stable -- the latest file date I see in the
release area is 4/21/08.

Wayne Graham wrote:

> Are you using subversion trunk or the stable release?
>
> I see someone reported it to the list earlier in the week...doesn't look
> like it made it into the bug tracker though.
>
> Wayne Graham wrote:
>
>> I'm just looking through old stuff on the list because I remember
>> someone having a similar issue before...
>>
>> Just to clarify, are there any error messages in your httpd error logs
>> and PHP errors right?
>>
>> The person that had the issue that I remember actually had it
>> disappear after a meeting...but, in the mean time, try this:
>>
>> uncomment the line in PATH_TO_VUFIND/web/.htaccess
>>
>> php_value display_errors 1
>> php_value error_reporting 2047
>>
>> Do a reload on httpd (just to be sure) and then look at the page
>> again. If it's not in production, also try a reboot (curious to see if
>> that works). Hopefully changing the error display in .htaccess will
>> give some clues.
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>> Gene Damon wrote:
>>
>>> Only about 3,000 or so.  No, this is a real "out-of-the-box" install
>>> for the most part.   It just happened that the server I am using for
>>> this, I had just upgraded to Fedora core 9 so seemed a good clean
>>> place to do some experimenting.
>>>
>>> The only thing I did differently was I didn't install in /usr/local,
>>> but as far as the install instructions detailed, I think I got all
>>> the changes that required.
>>>
>>> I suspect the core problem is that I don't really have a firm
>>> understanding of how the various components, Pear, Jetty, Sola, etc.
>>> all interact and have got some part of the relationship set up wrong.

Gene Damon
Director of Library Automation &
Learning Resources
Virginia Community College System
(804) 819-4981 (voice)
(804) 819-4773 (fax)

Address:
James Monroe Bldg.
15th Floor
101 N. 14th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Re: A real beginner's question

wsgrah
Administrator
Not sure exactly what's going on. Andrew might have some ideas about
what's going on with the errors that are getting generated. If I get a
chance this afternoon, I'll set up an FC 9 virtual machine to test this
out...

Wayne

PS. Could you shoot me a list off-list on how exactly you have
everything set up so I can mimic it?