Re: A real beginner's question

Andrew Nagy-2
Hi Gene - Welcome to the list!  I am the lead developer of VuFind and work a 4 day week schedule - so I'm not online on fridays.

> [Fri Jun 06 16:17:24 2008] [error] [client 164.106.225.210] PHP Fatal
> error:  Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /apps/vufind/web/sys/SOLR.php
> on line 473, referer: http://library2.vccs.edu/vufind/

This is your problem - it appears that you don't have the DOM compiled into PHP.  You will need to install the php-xsl package.  Since you are using Fedora 9 - you should be able to do this with yum.

Report back once you have done that.

Re: A real beginner's question

Gene Damon
Thanks,   that took me several steps forward.  I can get to the
"advanced" menu now and I can do a search.

I am still getting two errors posted at the top of each page when either
the advance or the results page displays -- see below.

I also can't pull up the records but that is likely connected to how I
loaded the records, so I'll go back and review that step, i.e., I get a
not found with a url that has the OCLC number in it -- guess it thinks
the records are stored by OCLC number....

-------------  Error messages at top of page.

*Notice*: Undefined index: prefix in */apps/vufind/web/sys/SOLR.php* on
line *351*

*Notice*: Undefined index: sort in */apps/vufind/web/sys/SOLR.php* on
line *352*

--
Gene Damon
Director of Library Automation &

Address:
James Monroe Bldg.
15th Floor
101 N. 14th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Re: A real beginner's question

wsgrah
Administrator
Are there spaces in your record ids?

Gene Damon wrote:

> Thanks,   that took me several steps forward.  I can get to the
> "advanced" menu now and I can do a search.
>
> I am still getting two errors posted at the top of each page when either
> the advance or the results page displays -- see below.
>
> I also can't pull up the records but that is likely connected to how I
> loaded the records, so I'll go back and review that step, i.e., I get a
> not found with a url that has the OCLC number in it -- guess it thinks
> the records are stored by OCLC number....
>

> -------------  Error messages at top of page.
>
> *Notice*: Undefined index: prefix in */apps/vufind/web/sys/SOLR.php* on
> line *351*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined index: sort in */apps/vufind/web/sys/SOLR.php* on
> line *352*
>

> Andrew Nagy wrote:
>
>> Hi Gene - Welcome to the list!  I am the lead developer of VuFind and work a 4 day week schedule - so I'm not online on fridays.
>>

>>> [Fri Jun 06 16:17:24 2008] [error] [client 164.106.225.210] PHP Fatal
>>> error:  Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /apps/vufind/web/sys/SOLR.php
>>> on line 473, referer: http://library2.vccs.edu/vufind/
>>>

>> This is your problem - it appears that you don't have the DOM compiled into PHP.  You will need to install the php-xsl package.  Since you are using Fedora 9 - you should be able to do this with yum.
>>
>> Report back once you have done that.
>>
>> Andrew

Re: A real beginner's question

> I am still getting two errors posted at the top of each page when
> either
> the advance or the results page displays -- see below.

Gene - you can ignore any errors that start with "Notice".

> I also can't pull up the records but that is likely connected to how I
> loaded the records, so I'll go back and review that step, i.e., I get a
> not found with a url that has the OCLC number in it -- guess it thinks
> the records are stored by OCLC number....

Yeah - I took a look at your site and noticed that.

The VuFind marc importer by default uses the 001 field for the unique record IDs.  However, if your ILS uses a different field (ie. III stores the unique ID in a 900 field) then you will need to edit the import.properties file to tell the importer to look in a different location for the unique ID field.

I poked around and it seems you are using Aleph as your ILS?  It looks like Aleph might have a unique ID in the "sys" field?

I'd be curious to see if this is correct.

Re: A real beginner's question

Gene Damon
Ok on the "notice" error.

Yes we are an ALEPH site and the ALEPH system number is in the 001 tag.
The import properties was set to use the 035.  I think I'll reload the
records.  I assume I can do that by simply clearing the Data director
and starting from scratch.

Thanks

--
Gene Damon
Director of Library Automation &
Learning Resources
Virginia Community College System
(804) 819-4981 (voice)
(804) 819-4773 (fax)

Address:
James Monroe Bldg.
15th Floor
101 N. 14th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Re: A real beginner's question

Gene Damon
Ok did a quick reload of the records, an it is trying to use the 001
data as to retrieve the records, but I get the same results, i.e., can't
get the record.  So I still have done something wrong.  I'll poke around
some more and see what I can figure out.

--
Gene Damon
Director of Library Automation &
Learning Resources
Virginia Community College System
(804) 819-4981 (voice)
(804) 819-4773 (fax)

Address:
James Monroe Bldg.
15th Floor
101 N. 14th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Re: A real beginner's question

Andrew Nagy-2
Gene - I just did a quick search on your system - and the "Not Found" error when you click on a record is a problem caused by the rules in the vufind/web/.htaccess file.

Currently the rules only allow for ID numbers to have lowercase letters followed by some numbers.  If you change the rules where it says:

You should be all set.

I will add this into the repository so it will continue to work for you in the future.

Re: A real beginner's question

Gene Damon
Excellent.  That cleared up that problem.  Thanks.  I'll play with this
some more and see where I get to.  Again thanks to you and to Wayne for
your help.