Question on browse catalogue

Hugo Agud-2
Good morning

We have seen a strange behaviour in our Vufind and we have realized that it is also happeing with the vufind.org server, then perhaps it is something that it works fine, but we do not understand

If we go so browse catalogue ---> by author --> alfabetically - > 'A' uou get results that it doesn't start with 'A'

see image: https://s14.postimg.org/oy8kysco1/Captura_de_pantalla_2016_11_25_a_las_10_51_05.png

Is that a bug or just we do not understand what's is offering?

thanks a lot!

--

Hugo Agud - Orex Digital

www.orex.es

   www.orex.es/koha    www.orex.es/vufind

Director

Calle Sant Joaquin,117, 2º-3ª · 08922 Santa Coloma de Gramanet - Tel: 933 856 138   [hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

No imprima este mensaje a no ser que sea necesario. Una tonelada de papel implica la tala de 15 árboles y el consumo de 250.000 litros de agua.

Aviso de confidencialidad
Este mensaje contiene información que puede ser CONFIDENCIAL y/o de USO RESTRINGIDO. Si usted no es el receptor deseado del mensaje (ni
está autorizado a recibirlo por el remitente), no está autorizado a copiar, reenviar o divulgar el mensaje o su contenido. Si ha recibido este mensaje
por error, por favor, notifíquenoslo inmediatamente y bórrelo de su sistema.

Re: Question on browse catalogue

Demian Katz

The browse categories work by using Solr's faceting features. When fields are multi-valued, this can produce results like the one you are seeing -- one of the values in the field starts with A, but the other values in the field are also being selected. This probably wasn't noticed as much in the past because author used to be a single-valued field.

This could probably be improved by filtering the results that come back from Solr; however, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, as I've never been a very big fan of this feature to begin with. I'm hoping that the new "channels" feature currently under development can largely take the place of this browse.

- Demian