New installation - no biblio core

CJ O'Hara
Hi, I have some prior vufind experience and was asked by a local library to set up their vufind instance. I'm currently setting up my local dev server to do some initial testing and development, however I've run into an issue. In the autoconfig everything has been fixed except for solr. I can visit http://localhost:8080/solr successfully but at the bottom on the left hand side it states that there are no cores. I checked the file structure and biblio is there. I just don't know how to get solr to see it.

Any help would be appreciated.

C.J. O'Hara

Re: New installation - no biblio core

Uwe Reh
The second menu item in solrs's admin-gui is 'Logging'.
Are there any errors listed?

Uwe

Am 26.06.2017 um 23:44 schrieb CJ O'Hara:

> Hi, I have some prior vufind experience and was asked by a local library to set up their vufind instance. I'm currently setting up my local dev server to do some initial testing and development, however I've run into an issue. In the autoconfig everything has been fixed except for solr. I can visit http://localhost:8080/solr successfully but at the bottom on the left hand side it states that there are no cores. I checked the file structure and biblio is there. I just don't know how to get solr to see it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> C.J. O'Hara

Re2: New installation - no biblio core

Uwe Reh
At the dashboard of the solr admin-gui you can find a section JVM
Is the value of "-Dsolr.solr.home=.." a parent directory of your index.
(is there a 'solr.xml')

Uwe

Am 27.06.2017 um 10:42 schrieb Uwe Reh:

> The second menu item in solrs's admin-gui is 'Logging'.
> Are there any errors listed?
>
> Uwe
>
> Am 26.06.2017 um 23:44 schrieb CJ O'Hara:
>> Hi, I have some prior vufind experience and was asked by a local
>> library to set up their vufind instance. I'm currently setting up my
>> local dev server to do some initial testing and development, however
>> I've run into an issue. In the autoconfig everything has been fixed
>> except for solr. I can visit http://localhost:8080/solr successfully
>> but at the bottom on the left hand side it states that there are no
>> cores. I checked the file structure and biblio is there. I just don't
>> know how to get solr to see it.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> C.J. O'Hara

Re: New installation - no biblio core

C. J.,

Uwe's troubleshooting suggestions should be helpful. One more idea: is it possible that your environment variables were not set up correctly when you ran the Solr startup script? Please double check that VUFIND_HOME is set appropriately.

Also, exactly which version of VuFind are you working with?