Multibackend driver with KohaILSDI

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
Dear all

Is there any known issue in case of running multibackend driver with KohILSDI drivers (from different instances of Koha)? The KohaILSDI is running fine as standalone driver but not in multibackend driver environment. The debug mode shows (in Holding tab):

32+05:30 DEBUG: VuFind\ILS\Driver\MultiBackend: Could not initialize driver for source ''
2017-07-22T21:52:32+05:30 DEBUG: VuFind\ILS\Driver\MultiBackend: Could not initialize driver for source 'Koha1'

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

Re: Multibackend driver with KohaILSDI

Demian Katz

Are you indexing your records with the appropriate ID prefixes for multibackend mode? The fact that you’re seeing a message about “source ‘’” suggests that perhaps the driver is trying to parse the record ID in order to route the record to the appropriate driver, but it is not finding any prefix.

If missing ID prefixes is not the explanation, I’m curious if using the regular Koha driver (instead of KohaILSDI) makes any difference. It might be worth a try just to narrow down whether this is a problem specific to KohaILSDI, or something more general.

- Demian

Re: Multibackend driver with KohaILSDI

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
Dear Demian

I'm preparing a detail report on the following issues: 1) Single Koha Instance with drivers Koha and KohaILSDI; 2) Multiple Koha instances with multibackend driver (set within Koha driver and  KohaILSDI driver). I will mail you the report by today itself.

Regards

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Demian Katz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are you indexing your records with the appropriate ID prefixes for multibackend mode? The fact that you’re seeing a message about “source ‘’” suggests that perhaps the driver is trying to parse the record ID in order to route the record to the appropriate driver, but it is not finding any prefix.

If missing ID prefixes is not the explanation, I’m curious if using the regular Koha driver (instead of KohaILSDI) makes any difference. It might be worth a try just to narrow down whether this is a problem specific to KohaILSDI, or something more general.

- Demian

Re: Multibackend driver with KohaILSDI

Demian Katz

Thank you! Ere, who is probably the most knowledgeable about the MultiBackend driver, is on holiday at the moment, but I’ll do my best to help troubleshoot once you have the data collected!