Missing Java-Class Collator in alphabetic-browse

Missing Java-Class Collator in alphabetic-browse

Martin Fuchs

Hi,

In our customized vufind 3.1.3 we ran the bash-script index-alphabetic-browse.sh to create the sql-lite-Files. We still get an error on alphabetic browsing, because the „Collator“-class is not found.

For the solr-request

{"responseHeader":{"status":500,"QTime":1},
"error":{"msg":"com/ibm/icu/text/Collator","trace":"java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/Collator
org.vufind.util.ICUCollatorNormalizer.<init>(ICUCollatorNormalizer.java:28)
... 35 more\n","code":500}}

Any suggestion?
Martin

Re: Missing Java-Class Collator in alphabetic-browse

Demian Katz

Martin,

What version of Java are you using?

Here is the configuration that controls where Solr finds its Java libraries:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/v3.1.3/solr/vufind/biblio/conf/solrconfig.xml#L42

The class referred to in your error message is part of ICU4j, which should be loaded by one of those configurations. The actual jar file is found in this directory:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/tree/v3.1.3/solr/vendor/contrib/analysis-extras/lib

You might want to double-check that the necessary jar is present and that your configuration hasn’t been modified in a way that prevents the jar from loading; it may also be worth checking your Solr admin panel to see if there are any log messages that offer further clues.

Good luck; let me know if you need further assistance!

- Demian