Minor vufind.org improvements today

I’ve just completed some server reconfigurations to allow all of the VuFind website to be hosted under vufind.org (instead of redirecting some pages to GitHub, which was the previous behavior). I finally figured out how to make Apache reverse proxy GitHub pages correctly. This makes the site feel a little more professional and official, though the content has not changed at all. Please let me know if you run into any problems accessing any parts of the site.

thanks,

Demian

Re: Minor vufind.org improvements today

Samuel Henrique
Hello,

Nice!

Demian, You may want to have a look at http/2, you'll have better performance at no cost. You may also want to have a look to switch to nginx, which makes it easier to enable http/2.

Samuel Henrique <samueloph>

I’ve just completed some server reconfigurations to allow all of the VuFind website to be hosted under vufind.org (instead of redirecting some pages to GitHub, which was the previous behavior). I finally figured out how to make Apache reverse proxy GitHub pages correctly. This makes the site feel a little more professional and official, though the content has not changed at all. Please let me know if you run into any problems accessing any parts of the site.

thanks,

Demian

Re: Minor vufind.org improvements today

Demian Katz

Thanks for the heads-up. Definitely something to keep an eye on, though for the moment I’m going to focus on upgrading our PHP infrastructure before I worry too much about HTTP. J

- Demian