MarcImporter Errors in Rev. 791

Matt Mackey
  Hi All,

  I just brought in revision 791 and when I go to import some records
using MarcImporter I am getting this error in the error.log file.

  Jul 9, 2008 1:21:22 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrException log
SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers.initHandlersFromConfig(RequestHandlers.java:175)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:211)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSolrCore(SolrCore.java:177)
    at org.vufind.marc.MarcImporter.<init>(MarcImporter.java:97)
    at org.vufind.marc.MarcImporter.main(MarcImporter.java:156)

org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: Unknown format version: -6
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:433)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:216)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSolrCore(SolrCore.java:177)
    at org.vufind.marc.MarcImporter.<init>(MarcImporter.java:97)
    at org.vufind.marc.MarcImporter.main(MarcImporter.java:156)
Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: Unknown format
version: -6
    at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:204)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java:189)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:610)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:184)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:148)
    at
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.<init>(SolrIndexSearcher.java:87)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:424)
    ... 4 more

 Any ideas?

  Matt

--
Matthew Mackey
Consortium Manager

Email: [hidden email]
Tel: 610.867.3761 x261
Fax: 610.867.2767

Re: MarcImporter Errors in Rev. 791

Andrew Nagy-2
Matt - according to the backtrace it looks like you have a corrupted index.  Try deleting the vufind/solr/data/index first and then re-index.

  Andrew - If up go back to revision 725,delete the index and start
vufind to create it again and then upgrade to the latest revision I can
import records. If I delete the index in revision 791 I get the errors.
Does this have to do with Solr 1.3?

  Matt