Quantcast

ISBN class

Fr.HarryL
Hi list,

I am about to set up a major vufind upgrade on my catalog.

However I thought  of having marc-import java index scripts creating
both ISBN 10 and 13  in solr filed "isbn", when there exists a valid
isbn field in marc.

<field name="isbn" type="isn" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>,

having field isbn as multiValued helps quite a lot.

After some search I 've located a few java classes that do it.

Question: Is there anybody who had the same idea, wrote the java
routine  and she/he is willing to contribute code to the list?

Kind regards,

Harry.

Re: ISBN class

Robert Haschart
Greetings

In the Custom methods repo that is a part of the SolrMarc organization
one of the custom methods does exactly what you want.

https://github.com/solrmarc/custom_methods/tree/master/ISBNNormalizer

The  source file  needs to be placed in the import/index_java/src directory

and the Readme.md shows how to reference the method in your
import.properties file

-Bob