ILL in VuFind

McLaurin, Dougald

Greetings,

We currently have ILL titles imported into VuFind at our institution. One big reason for this is because this allows our users to view the ILL items in their account and check for due dates.

However, this causes the titles to appear in results for searches by other students. Do you guys have a way to have the individual titles appear in patron’s accounts but not in the search result.

We use Symphony on the back-end. We are currently updating to the Latest VuFind, but we are using is the old version. Here is a link to a search I did and the first item is an ILL.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Dougald McLaurin III
Reference Coordinator
The Library
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
x2204 | www.sebts.edu | map | social

Re: ILL in VuFind

VuFind is designed so that, for checked out items, the ILS driver can pass basic title information back to allow display of records that are not found in the Solr index. Have you tried simply relying on that feature instead of indexing the ILL records into VuFind? It might be worth experimenting with.

Here is the line of code that should be taking care of that functionality in the current version of the Symphony driver:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/module/VuFind/src/VuFind/ILS/Driver/Symphony.php#L1273

If you are on an older version, it is possible that the feature has not been added yet, in which case you may benefit from it on upgrade. If you are already using this version of the code but it is not working, please let me know and we can do some troubleshooting.

I hope this is helpful; please let me know if I can do more to assist you!

- Demian