Quantcast

Facets not Limiting correctly

Matt Mackey
Hi All,

  It looks like around rev 668 that the facets stopped working
correctly. If you  go to the VuFind demo page and  click on "Find" and
then in the results you select "Format Video" you get 5868 results. Then
select another facet like "Topic - Documentary films(84)" and you get
128 results when you should get 84 results. It looks like the first
facet is being disregarded and only the second facet is being used
because if you remove the "Format - Video" limit you still end up with
128 results.

  Any Ideas?

  -Matt

--
Matthew Mackey
Consortium Manager

Email: [hidden email]
Tel: 610.867.3761 x261
Fax: 610.867.2767

Re: Facets not Limiting correctly

Andrew Nagy-2
Matt - The cause of this is when I switched the queries from GET to POST.  I noticed that there was a problem with repeating fields in a POST but not in a GET, so I just switched the main search query over to a GET.  Feel free to get the latest code and give that a shot.  Let me know if this causes any problems.

This may be a problem with Jetty and we may need to rethink the use of Tomcat.

Jetty: GET Length Limits, POST repeated field limits. :(