EBSCO Discovery Service hanging rest of VuFind

EBSCO Discovery Service hanging rest of VuFind

Andrew Krause
The EBSCO Discovery Service API access is down and I'm noticing this effectively makes VuFind unusable.

Is there a way to make VuFind continue as normal when the EDS plugin fails?  I'll see if I can find a workaround.

Re: EBSCO Discovery Service hanging rest of VuFind

Demian Katz
Andrew,

How do you have EDS integrated into your VuFind configuration? An EDS outage should not prevent the Solr portion of VuFind from working, but if you have certain combined-search or recommendation module settings, you can introduce the possibility of an EDS failure breaking other parts of the system. In at least some cases, there are AJAX-loading settings you can turn on to pull in EDS results via AJAX, which makes an EDS failure less fatal to the overall system.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.sourceforge.net%2Flists%2Flistinfo%2Fvufind-general&data=01%7C01%7Cdemian.katz%40villanova.edu%7C7e1c83da6efc4af8e56e08d429045dcf%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C1&sdata=hx1nFfikA%2FLB3taIfT%2FzKBgawzI5jGHnx8UQASq38eE%3D&reserved=0