Corrupted URI returned by Voyager getHoldLink()

Corrupted URI returned by Voyager getHoldLink()

Barnett, Jeffrey
Would whoever put this line into Voyager.php please contact me:

>           $body = str_replace('<A', "\n<A", $body);  // Not sure why this is needed, but it solve
d the problem

I'm having a proble with overlong URI's being returned from this function, and I suspect that it is related to whatever your "problem" was.

Here is an example of a "good" URI
http://orbis.library.yale.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?PAGE=REQUESTBIB&SEQ=20080711164115&PID=EddE9zwVEVkgqhHrsAqLzLCuctY

And this is what is being returned now by the function:
http://orbis.library.yale.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?PAGE=REQUESTBIB&SEQ=20080711163859&PID=to9xA1QsBVAMhYc7wxOe6ySCjup%20%3E%20IMG%20ALIGN=%20MIDDLE%20%20BORDER=0%20ALT=%20Request%20%20SRC=%20%2Fimages%2Fuprequest.gif#0478957352317152194

I need to figure out how to strip the excess encoding following the PID and/or how to prevent it from being there in the first place.

Re: Corrupted URI returned by Voyager getHoldLink()

Andrew Nagy-2
Jeffrey - this is one of my attempts to get the "Place Hold" functionality to work.  I have been so far unsuccessful and don't suggest using that functionality.  In our local implemntation I changed the "Place Hold" link to a direct link to the voyager opac.

Very interesting.  It actually seems quite close to working if only the trailing HTML could be stripped.  Maybe a function based on hashed PID length would work.
Jeffrey - this is one of my attempts to get the "Place Hold" functionality to work.  I have been so far unsuccessful and don't suggest using that functionality.  In our local implemntation I changed the "Place Hold" link to a direct link to the voyager opac.

We have the correct link generated here in our implementation - however the correct link still won't work.  I have found that the item you want to place a hold on seems to be stored in the session data.  I could probably write a proxy that would click through the process and enter in the userid/password, etc to get the place hold working.  But for now I am settling with a direct link to the record.  I have verified this at Princeton as well.  You can't create a direct link to place hold, it must be a series of clicks.