Quantcast

Connect Vufind to Koha

libsitali
Greetings,

Is it possible to install Koha and Vufind in different servers? I have installed Vufind in a different server and Koha in a different server too. Can Vufind connect to Koha database?

Thank you

Sitali CS

--
Charles Lwanga College of Education,
P. O. Box 660193,

Mobile: +26 0979 869471
            +26 0966 869471
SKYPE: Libsitali

Re: Connect Vufind to Koha

Demian Katz

Yes, that should be possible, though you may need to make some adjustments to the MySQL and/or firewall connections to allow the VuFind box to access the Koha database. Let me know if you have trouble or need more specifics!

- Demian

Re: Connect Vufind to Koha

Hugo Agud-2
yes it can of course.. It is just a matter of firewall and mysql configuration.

Greetings,

Is it possible to install Koha and Vufind in different servers? I have installed Vufind in a different server and Koha in a different server too. Can Vufind connect to Koha database?

Thank you

Sitali CS

--
Charles Lwanga College of Education,
P. O. Box 660193,
Monze,
ZAMBIA.

Mobile: +26 0979 869471
            +26 0966 869471
SKYPE: Libsitali

Hugo Agud - Orex Digital

www.orex.es

   www.orex.es/koha    www.orex.es/vufind

Director

Calle Sant Joaquin,117, 2º-3ª · 08922 Santa Coloma de Gramanet - Tel: 933 856 138   [hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

No imprima este mensaje a no ser que sea necesario. Una tonelada de papel implica la tala de 15 árboles y el consumo de 250.000 litros de agua.

Aviso de confidencialidad
Este mensaje contiene información que puede ser CONFIDENCIAL y/o de USO RESTRINGIDO. Si usted no es el receptor deseado del mensaje (ni
está autorizado a recibirlo por el remitente), no está autorizado a copiar, reenviar o divulgar el mensaje o su contenido. Si ha recibido este mensaje
por error, por favor, notifíquenoslo inmediatamente y bórrelo de su sistema.

Re: Connect Vufind to Koha

libsitali
Thanks for the quick response. Please I need specific details.
I thank you in advance

Regards

On 25 April 2017 at 14:57, Demian Katz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, that should be possible, though you may need to make some adjustments to the MySQL and/or firewall connections to allow the VuFind box to access the Koha database. Let me know if you have trouble or need more specifics!

- Demian

Re: Connect Vufind to Koha

Demian Katz

This page describes the basic process for allowing MySQL access between two servers:

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/mysql-connect-to-your-database-remotely/

The idea is that on your Koha database, you need to grant access for your VuFind server. It should only be necessary to grant SELECT permission for the purposes of reading the database – INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE permissions can probably be omitted for improved security.

If MySQL permissions alone do not help, it is possible that there is a firewall intervening – most commonly, the iptables service that blocks ports on Linux servers by default. If that’s the case, you may need to punch a hole to allow your VuFind server to access port 3306, the MySQL port. You can learn more about iptables here:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/iptables-essentials-common-firewall-rules-and-commands

Let us know if you have any questions or need help troubleshooting anything.

- Demian