Configuring VuFind with Koha

vufind-general mailing list
Hi,

We have Koha version 3.16 running on Ubuntu and we have successfully installed VuFind.

We were able to use the auto configure to configure all the configurables except for the ILS.

When we click on fix we get the following message:

"

Auto Configure

VuFind is having trouble communicating with your Integrated Library System (ILS). Check your configuration. You may need to edit the file at /usr/local/vufind/local/config/vufind/Koha.ini and fill in some connection details."

We have edited the Koha.ini file as directed but we still cannot get it fixed.

Can anyone point us in the right direction or share with us a copy of their koha.ini file (for those who use Koha)?

Thank you

--
Regards

Nas Yakubu
Assistant Director of Information Systems
American University of Nigeria
Lamido Zubairu Way
Yola
Adamawa State
+234 805 703 2980
VOIP 1153

Re: Configuring VuFind with Koha

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
1. Copy Koha.ini file from (/usr/local/vufind/config folder) to your local config folder (/usr/local/vufind/local/config/vufind folder);

2. Change values (my Koha.ini is as follows:)

[Catalog]
host        = localhost
port        = 3306
username    = (your mysql user having access to Koha database)
password    = (password of your mysql user having access to Koha dataabse)
database    = (name of koga database)
url         = http://<your IP or DNS>:port (port on which you are accessing OPAC e.g. localhost:8007)

; This section translates Koha's internal location codes into strings for on-screen
; display.  You can customize the text to your liking.
[Location_Codes]
AV          = "Audio Visual"
CART        = "Book Cart"
CHILD       = "Children's Area"
DISPLAY     = "On Display"
FIC         = "Fiction"
GEN         = "General Shelf"
NEW         = "New Materials Shelf"
PROC        = "Processing Center"
REF         = "Reference Shelf"
STAFF       = "Staff Office"

The above is a list of Koha default location codes; Pl note that Koha location codes (you may check Administration >> Authorized values >> LOC to check). If your LOC codes are same you may use this; if not you need to change accordingly.

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 3:22 PM, Nas Yakubu via VuFind-General <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

Re: Configuring VuFind with Koha

vufind-general mailing list
Hi Mr Mukhopadhyay,

Below is the content of the Koha.ini file.

But we still cannot get the ILS fixed. The host, i.e. 10.1.9.53 is a seperate server hosting Koha and all other details are for mysql on the Koha machine.

[Catalog]
host        = 10.1.9.53
port        = 3306
username    = vufind
password    = Vufind17
database    = koha_libcat
url         = http://library.aun.edu.ng

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 12:06 PM, P. S. Mukhopadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It seems you Koha OPAC is running thru http://libcat.aun.edu.ng.

Pl try this and report:

[Catalog]
host        = 10.1.9.53
port        = 3306
username    = vufind
password    = Vufind17
database    = koha_libcat
url         = http://libcat.aun.edu.ng

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Nas Yakubu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

And if you are Koha in a separate server -

1. mysql configuration file (in koha server) needs to be changed, Comment bind localhost (e.g
# bind-address = 127.0.0.1) >> save >> restart mysql server.