Quantcast

Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

12

Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Dear friends,
I had followed the instructions provide at their official site to install the latest version of Vufind in Debian8. I had adopted the manual installation instead of tarring the deb files.
Everything went on fine till the auto configuration of fixing of Solr which is remains unresolved.
Understanding that Solr default port is 8080, I had fixed Koha port at 8000 with apache port at 80.
Restarting Solr at Vufind home directory shows Solr starting at 8080 with Happy Searching!! Displayed.
However, my happiness was shortlived when running net status shows that ports 8080, 8000 & 80 are running with apache.
I had followed some of the post to change the port of Solr to 8083 as per instructions in the Vufind site. I had modified the port nos., hostname from localhost to server hostname in config.ini, import files etc. but no success. Netstat does not show 8083 in its results.
Kindly suggest.
FRSumer
North-Eastern Hill University
India

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

The procedure for changing the Solr port became easier starting with VuFind 3.0. Is it possible that you followed out-of-date instructions?

In theory, you should be able to simply stop any running VuFind Solr instance, then start up a new one with this command:

SOLR_PORT=8083 $VUFIND_HOME/solr.sh start

Does that work for you?

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Hugo Agud-2
Hi

I suggest you check files port.conf (from apache) and also the apache conf files for the koha instances locate in /etc/apache/sites-enable, none of them should use 8080...
If I am not wrong of course

[...]

Hugo Agud - Orex Digital

www.orex.es

   www.orex.es/koha    www.orex.es/vufind

Director

Calle Sant Joaquin,117, 2º-3ª · 08922 Santa Coloma de Gramanet - Tel: 933 856 138   [hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

No imprima este mensaje a no ser que sea necesario. Una tonelada de papel implica la tala de 15 árboles y el consumo de 250.000 litros de agua.

Aviso de confidencialidad
Este mensaje contiene información que puede ser CONFIDENCIAL y/o de USO RESTRINGIDO. Si usted no es el receptor deseado del mensaje (ni
está autorizado a recibirlo por el remitente), no está autorizado a copiar, reenviar o divulgar el mensaje o su contenido. Si ha recibido este mensaje
por error, por favor, notifíquenoslo inmediatamente y bórrelo de su sistema.

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Thanks Damien and Hugo,
I have tried your suggestions it did not work with ports 8080 and 8083. Is it because of the following steps that I skipped while installing Vufind.
----I skipped installation of apache and mysql since they were installed during Koha installation.
FRSumer

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Demian Katz
The Apache/MySQL steps should not affect the ability to get Solr running.

What is the result of running the suggested:

SOLR_PORT=8083 ./solr.sh start

Command? Do you get any error messages? Does it report success? Can you see a running Java process afterwards?

I have tried your suggestions it did not work with ports 8080 and 8083. Is it because of the following steps that I skipped while installing Vufind.
----I skipped installation of apache and mysql since they were installed during Koha installation.
FRSumer

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Hi Demian,
Thanks for the response. SOLR_PORT=8083 $VUFIND_HOME/solr.sh start just works perfect on port 8083. But surprisingly it is not fixing Solr. Now another issue, acnnot fix SSL.
Please suggest.
Thanks
FRSumer

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Demian Katz
Have you edited $VUFIND_LOCAL_DIR/config/vufind/config.ini to specify the Solr port of 8083 in the [Index] section? If that is still defaulted to 8080, that might explain part of the problem. It's also important to modify config files inside $VUFIND_LOCAL_DIR and not $VUFIND_HOME. It's an easy mistake to make until you become familiar with the system. (The idea is that your configurations should be given their own directory outside of the core VuFind code. This makes upgrades easier, among other things).

Regarding the SSL problem, it may be worth uncommenting the CURL adapter option here:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/config/vufind/config.ini#L1074

(though, as noted above, this change should be made in your local copy of config.ini, not the core default copy).

Still no success no matter how I tried. I tried http://library:8083/solr where library is the server name but it gives error. Is it necessary to change in all config.ini from localhost to library or do i need to do  a fresh install.

Regards
FRSumer

When you go to http://library:8083/solr, what error do you see? Is the connection timing out, or is Solr itself reporting some kind of problem?

Still no success no matter how I tried. I tried http://library:8083/solr where library is the server name but it gives error. Is it necessary to change in all config.ini from localhost to library or do i need to do  a fresh install.

Regards
FRSumer

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Hi,
For your information vufind url is at http://library/vufind/install/FixSolr

Trying to fix solr, i clicked on Solr Admin Panel for errors.....Click here. After clicking it takes me to the following url http://library:8083/solr with the following message:

NOT FOUND
The requested URL/solr was not found on this server
Apache/2.4.11(Debian) server at library port 8083

Hope you can give me some clues from here.

Thanks

FRSumer

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Demian Katz
It looks like you have a port conflict. That message is coming from Apache, but you should be getting a message from Solr. You should check your Apache configuration and see if you can stop it from listening to port 8083. You could also try configuring Solr to listen on a more exotic port (like 9999) to see if that helps.

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Hi Demian,
Thanks for the clue. I blocked Apache to listen to port 8083. I restarted apache and solr and EUREKA.... the solr screen is right in front of my eyes and long last my Solr is fixed.
Will be back with more queries that I may encounter.

Best wishes
FRSumer

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Hi,
I am stuck here while importing Koha into Vufind follwing instructions in https://vufind.org/wiki/indexing:marc:export_notes

I did
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.marc

then

root@library:/usr/local/vufind# ./import-marc.sh kohabibs.marc
Now Importing kohabibs.marc ...
Oct 16, 19:29:27 /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -DentityExpansionLimit=0 -Duser.timezone=UTC  -jar /usr/local/vufind/import/solrmarc_core.jar /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties -solrj /usr/local/vufind/solr/vendor/dist/solrj-lib /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.marc
0 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - Using config /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties to initialize SolrMarc
4 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.tools.PropertyUtils  - Opening file: /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties
8 [main] INFO org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - Effective Command Line is:
8 [main] INFO org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  -    java -jar solrmarc_core.jar IndexDriver -reader_opts /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties -dir /usr/local/vufind/local/import|/usr/local/vufind/import -config "marc.properties, marc_local.properties" -solrURL http://localhost:8083/solr/biblio/update -solrj /usr/local/vufind/solr/vendor/dist/solrj-lib /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.marc
 INFO [main] (ValueIndexerFactory.java:116) - Using directory: /usr/local/vufind/import/index_java as location of java sources
DEBUG [main] (SolrCoreLoader.java:80) - Found Solrj class org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient
 INFO [main] (IndexDriver.java:107) - Reading and compiling index specifications: marc.properties, marc_local.properties
 INFO [main] (PropertyUtils.java:311) - Opening file (instead of 1 other options): /usr/local/vufind/local/import/marc.properties
 INFO [main] (IndexDriver.java:66) - Opening input files: [/usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.marc]
ERROR [main] (MarcReaderFactory.java:103) - Fatal error: Exception opening InputStream: /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.marc
FATAL [main] (Boot.java:91) - ERROR: Error while invoking main method in specified class: org.solrmarc.driver.IndexDriver
FATAL [main] (Boot.java:92) - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Fatal error: Exception opening InputStream/usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.marc
root@sclibrary:/usr/local/vufind# /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.mrc
Can't locate C4/Auth.pm in @INC (you may need to install the C4::Auth module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.20.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.20.2 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.20 /usr/share/perl/5.20 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl line 23.

SECONDLY
I even tried this by changing (koha.marc to koha.mrc)

/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.mrc

and then
root@library:/usr/local/vufind# ./import-marc.sh kohabibs.mrc
Now Importing kohabibs.mrc ...
Oct 16, 19:34:09 /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -DentityExpansionLimit=0 -Duser.timezone=UTC  -jar /usr/local/vufind/import/solrmarc_core.jar /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties -solrj /usr/local/vufind/solr/vendor/dist/solrj-lib /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.mrc
1 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - Using config /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties to initialize SolrMarc
3 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.tools.PropertyUtils  - Opening file: /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties
6 [main] INFO org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - Effective Command Line is:
6 [main] INFO org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  -    java -jar solrmarc_core.jar IndexDriver -reader_opts /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties -dir /usr/local/vufind/local/import|/usr/local/vufind/import -config "marc.properties, marc_local.properties" -solrURL http://localhost:8083/solr/biblio/update -solrj /usr/local/vufind/solr/vendor/dist/solrj-lib /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.mrc
 INFO [main] (ValueIndexerFactory.java:116) - Using directory: /usr/local/vufind/import/index_java as location of java sources
DEBUG [main] (SolrCoreLoader.java:80) - Found Solrj class org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient
 INFO [main] (IndexDriver.java:107) - Reading and compiling index specifications: marc.properties, marc_local.properties
 INFO [main] (PropertyUtils.java:311) - Opening file (instead of 1 other options): /usr/local/vufind/local/import/marc.properties
 INFO [main] (IndexDriver.java:66) - Opening input files: [/usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.mrc]
ERROR [main] (MarcReaderFactory.java:103) - Fatal error: Exception opening InputStream: /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.mrc
FATAL [main] (Boot.java:91) - ERROR: Error while invoking main method in specified class: org.solrmarc.driver.IndexDriver
FATAL [main] (Boot.java:92) - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Fatal error: Exception opening InputStream/usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.mrc

Suggestions please!!!

FRSumer

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Demian Katz
SolrMarc can be picky about filenames. Try renaming kohabibs.marc to kohabibs.mrc -- that will probably help.

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Theodoros Theodoropoulos
Hi to all,

Sorry to intervene, but I believe that the problem I not VuFind's fault. We currently use Koha in our VuFind production system (v2.5.x) and also did a sample import/export to latest VuFind (v3.1) with no problems at all.

Seeing the provided logs, my guess is that your perl lib path is not defined properly in your shell and because of that Koha does not produce a valid .mrc file. Actually, export.pl seems to end prematurely giving (possibly) an empty file (you could verify that by seeing the contents of kohabibs.mrc)

In general, as indicated in the "Configure System Wide Environment Variables" part of the Koha (on Ubuntu) installation docs, "Running scripts and cron jobs requires environment variables set". So, in your running shell, you should have KOHA_CONF, KOHA_PATH and PERL5LIB properly set. By seeing your output chances are that PERL5LIB is not set properly!
You could try typing (using bash): export PERL5LIB=/path/to/your/koha/modules:$PERL5LIB and running the Koha export script again.

Best,
Theodoros Theodoropoulos

On 16/10/2016 7:14 μμ, Demian Katz wrote:
SolrMarc can be picky about filenames. Try renaming kohabibs.marc to kohabibs.mrc -- that will probably help.

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Hi Theodorus and Demian
I HAD
export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/C4:$PERL5LIB
export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/sclibrary/koha-conf.xml
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.mrc
I GET
Undefined subroutine &Koha::version called at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 708.

ANY SUGGESSTIONS

FRSUMER

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Tom Misilo

This is the command I use when running as the koha user.

sitename-koha@ils:~$ /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/koha/bin/export_records.pl --format marc --record-type bibs --filename kohabibs.mrc

export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/C4:$PERL5LIB

export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/sclibrary/koha-conf.xml

/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.mrc I GET Undefined subroutine &Koha::version called at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 708.

ANY SUGGESSTIONS

FRSUMER

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

Theodoros Theodoropoulos
Please try:

export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/     (without /C4)
and then try the export command

Theodoros

On 17/10/2016 7:16 μμ, frsumer wrote:

> Hi Theodorus and Demian
> I HAD
> export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/C4:$PERL5LIB
> export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/sclibrary/koha-conf.xml
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.mrc
> I GET
> Undefined subroutine &Koha::version called at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm
> line 708.
>
> ANY SUGGESSTIONS
>
> FRSUMER

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
Dear all in this thread

I don't know the exact version of Koha that Sumer is using but assume that following command may produce result with little bit of location adjustment:

sudo KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --format marc --record-type bibs --filename /home/psm/Documents/km1.mrc

check the availability of export.pl file under /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/ and change path of the mrc file (obviously psm user won't be there in your system) before execution of the command.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:25 AM, Theodoros Theodoropoulos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please try:

export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/     (without /C4)
and then try the export command

Theodoros

On 17/10/2016 7:16 μμ, frsumer wrote:
> Hi Theodorus and Demian
> I HAD
> export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/C4:$PERL5LIB
> export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/sclibrary/koha-conf.xml
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.mrc
> I GET
> Undefined subroutine &Koha::version called at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm
> line 708.
>
> ANY SUGGESSTIONS
>
> FRSUMER

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

Re: Cannot fix Solr in Debian8 with Koha 3.16 stable installed

frsumer
Hi all,
I set perl5 without the C4 and ran export. this is what i got.
root@library:/home/librarian# /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/export.pl --filename=kohabibs.mrc
Set-Cookie: CGISESSID=bc080990358d2e76112adcac858d7bed; path=/; HttpOnly
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 05:18:34 GMT

<!DOCTYPE html>

<head>

<title>Koha ›

    Log in to Koha
</title>

AND SO ON.......

THEN I DID
root@library:/usr/local/vufind# ./import-marc.sh kohabibs.mrc
Now Importing kohabibs.mrc ...
Oct 18, 10:50:34 /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -DentityExpansionLimit=0 -Duser.timezone=UTC  -jar /usr/local/vufind/import/solrmarc_core.jar /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties -solrj /usr/local/vufind/solr/vendor/dist/solrj-lib /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.mrc
0 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - Using config /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties to initialize SolrMarc
1 [main] DEBUG org.solrmarc.tools.PropertyUtils  - Opening file: /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties
2 [main] INFO org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  - Effective Command Line is:
2 [main] INFO org.solrmarc.driver.ConfigDriver  -    java -jar solrmarc_core.jar IndexDriver -reader_opts /usr/local/vufind/local/import/import.properties -dir /usr/local/vufind/local/import|/usr/local/vufind/import -config "marc.properties, marc_local.properties" -solrURL http://localhost:8083/solr/biblio/update -solrj /usr/local/vufind/solr/vendor/dist/solrj-lib /usr/local/vufind/kohabibs.mrc
[...]

Koha version: 16.05.04.000

Suggesstion please

FRSumer

12