Can I rename this?

Kirill Batyuk

Hello everyone,

On my VuFind search results page I have facets for DSpace and OPAC, however the facets were named automatically by VuFind as MyInstitution and My University. Is there a way to rename it? If so, how do I do it?

I’m attaching a screenshot for reference.

Thank you for your help,

Kirill Batyuk

Systems Librarian

MBLWHOI Library

Data Library and Archives

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

508-289-2850

Untitled.jpg (228K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Can I rename this?

Leila Gonzales

Hi Kirill,

In your facets.ini file, you’ll see these settings:

; The order of display is as shown below

; The name of the index field is on the left

; The display name of the field is on the right

[Results]

institution        = Institution

building           = Library

format             = Format

You can set these in your local directory’s languages files (i.e. /usr/local/vufind/local/languages/*.ini) by setting the display name to the string you would like it to display. So for example, in en.ini, you could set the following.

Institution = “WHOI”

The language files are great if you need to add translations to a specific value.   Alternatively, if you want to set one value (and there’s no need for translation of that value), you can just hardcode the value into your local facets.ini file like this:

; The order of display is as shown below

; The name of the index field is on the left

; The display name of the field is on the right

[Results]

institution        = “WHOI Library”

Hope that helps!

-Leila

Re: Can I rename this?

Kirill Batyuk

Hi Leila,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I think there is something else affect it. I had it set in facets.ini just the way you describe. See screenshot of my facets.ini.

facets.jpg (363K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Can I rename this?

Leila Gonzales

Hi Kirill,

If your value has a space in it, you have to enclose it in quotes. So try this in your facets.ini file:

Institution = “MBLWHOI Library”

-Leila

I think there is something else affect it. I had it set in facets.ini just the way you describe. See screenshot of my facets.ini.

--Kirill.

Re: Can I rename this?

Kirill Batyuk

Unfortunately, still not working.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

--Kirill.

If your value has a space in it, you have to enclose it in quotes. So try this in your facets.ini file:

Institution = “MBLWHOI Library”

-Leila

I think there is something else affect it. I had it set in facets.ini just the way you describe. See screenshot of my facets.ini.

--Kirill.

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Can I rename this?

Leila Gonzales

Did you clear your cache and restart your webserver after you made the change to the facets.ini file? Sometimes that does the trick.

- Leila

Re: Can I rename this?

Kirill Batyuk

Still nothing.

I think that part of facets.ini controls just the name of the group. The group is named MBLWHOI Library, but the limits within it are not properly named.

--Kirill.

Did you clear your cache and restart your webserver after you made the change to the facets.ini file? Sometimes that does the trick.

- Leila

Re: Can I rename this?

These values are coming from default import rules – for DSpace, you may want to change this value:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/import/dspace.properties#L25

For MARC records, you may want to change this value:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/import/marc.properties#L10

After making those changes, you can reindex your records and the facet values will be corrected.

(Note that, for maintainability, you can make use of your local settings directory – copy the files there and change the copies, rather than editing them in the default config directory; in the case of marc.properties, you can copy the one setting you want to change to marc_local.properties and that will override the defaults from marc.properties without requiring you to copy all of them).

- Demian

Re: Can I rename this?

Kirill Batyuk

That’s it! Thank you Demian!