Calling ConfigManager from custom .java indexing file

Calling ConfigManager from custom .java indexing file

Leila Gonzales

Hi all,

I’m working on VuFind 4.0, and am converting my custom indexing scripts from .bsh to .java. I have modifications to the FullTextTools.java indexing script, and so I copied and renamed that script to $VUFIND_LOCAL_DIR/import/index_java/src/packagePath/MyFullTextTools.java

Some of the methods in that file need access to the ConfigManager, and I tried adding: import org.vufind.index.ConfigManager to my custom MyFullTextTools.java file, but to no avail.

I get these errors :

error: package org.vufind.index does not exist

import org.vufind.index.ConfigManager;

                       ^

And …

error: cannot find symbol

        String parserType = ConfigManager.instance().getConfigSetting(

                            ^

  symbol:   variable ConfigManager

Thanks for any troubleshooting tips figuring out what I’m doing incorrectly here.

Thanks,

Leila

Re: Calling ConfigManager from custom .java indexing file

Demian Katz

At a glance, I don't see anything obviously wrong here. Do you mind sending me your file (off-list, if necessary) so I can confirm whether or not I see the same error?

- Demian

Re: Calling ConfigManager from custom .java indexing file

Leila Gonzales

Thanks for taking a look at it Demian. I’ll send it to you off-list.

-Leila