Quantcast

Ask for login and redirect to holds from URL in email

Ask for login and redirect to holds from URL in email

MARTINEZ ZUÑIGA, ENRIQUE

Hi!

I need to redirect with a URL from a mail message to MyResearch/Holds.

I’m using the link to https://opac.biblio.iteso.mx/vufind/MyResearch/Holds, but this puts “You must be logged in first” message in a red background.

Is’ there a way to redirect, like https://opac.biblio.iteso.mx/vufind/MyResearch/UserLogin?redirect=/MyResearch/Holds, to avoid this message?

I welcome your comments.

Regards,

Enrique Martínez

http://biblio.iteso.mx

Re: Ask for login and redirect to holds from URL in email

Demian Katz

The “you must be logged in first” message is always shown when you attempt to access a page that requires login for access. The user should be redirected to the appropriate page after logging in. I am not sure why the text is not being correctly translated from English – if you try the same link on the https://vufind.org/demo instance, the translation does work correctly.

If you want to change or disable the message, this is the line of code that is causing it to be displayed:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/e12c20586bafa8235d096dcc568e7e78811f0e15/module/VuFind/src/VuFind/Controller/AbstractBase.php#L273

I hope this is helpful – please let me know if you still have questions or problems.

- Demian

Re: Ask for login and redirect to holds from URL in email

MARTINEZ ZUÑIGA, ENRIQUE

Thanks Demian!

The translation is working normal, I’ve selected English for this matter. And the redirection is fine too.

I prefer not to disable the warning, maybe just adding a parameter for this case, like adding warn=off to the URL in the email message.

I’ll be looking further into the code.

Regards,

Enrique

Re: Ask for login and redirect to holds from URL in email

Demian Katz

It would certainly be possible to add some custom code to the controller to bypass the message if a particular GET parameter is present. Unfortunately, it could be somewhat challenging to implement this change without touching core code, but if that is an issue, we can think about a way of making this a configurable feature in the core….  Let me know if you need more specific/detailed implementation assistance.