Add custom font

Layale Bassil

Hello,

We need to use the following custom font in our VuFind installation: https://fonts.google.com/?query=comfortaa

I have downloaded the .ttf file, how can I use it? I have placed it inside the fonts folder of the css folder of the bootstrap3 theme.

How can I use it? I tried to set a certain style but its not working? Do I have to add it to the config file? And how can I Know if the font name is correct and whether the font file has been included or not?

Thanks.

Regards.

Re: Add custom font

Demian Katz

You might find it helpful to see how Villanova’s custom fonts are set up:

https://library.villanova.edu/Find/themes/vuboot3/css/fonts.css?_=1478801063

Note how the font files are loaded relative to the location of the CSS file.

I’m not personally familiar with all of the syntactical details of CSS font loading, so I’m also copying Chris Hallberg on this email in case you have further questions – he can probably answer them more quickly and in more detail than I can.

- Demian

Re: Add custom font

Layale Bassil

Hello Demian,

Your help is always appreciated. I just added a fonts.css file and included it in the config file and pointed to the right .ttf file and the file is properly loaded.

Thank you so much!

Best Regards.